Information Security Director at Yext
The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
We are seeking an Information Security Director to oversee company-wide information security strategy and vision. The Information Security Director will work closely with leadership and staff to identify, analyze, manage, and remediate information security risk. Help us provide robust and innovative solutions to our rapidly growing user base.
- Provide high-level security guidance and leadership
- Responsible for identifying key security controls
- Lead and mentor the Information Security team in the development and management of key security controls
- Manage and develop annual security budget
- Enhance existing, and maintain information security policies
- Organize and publish security policies to stakeholders
- Work with engineering teams to provide security solutions
- Provide security education to employees
- Interface with clients and/or sales teams
- Audit IT systems to ensure compliance
- Manage relationships with security vendors
- BA/BS or similar college level education
- 7 years of experience in security or similar IT role
- Previous management experience
- Ability to design and implement technical security solutions
- Experience managing solutions in various environments such as end-user, server/network, and public cloud
- Experience in heterogeneous environments
- Understanding and experience with industry and regulatory standards such as PCI, SOC2, ISO27001
- Security and/or engineering expertise in at least two of the following areas:
- Application security architecture
- Intrusion Detection/prevention
- Cryptography & PKI
- Operating systems (preferably Linux)
- Organized and well-spoken
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups or small crowds
- Certified in at least one of the following:
- SANS Security Certification
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.