Information Security Manager
Paxos was founded in 2012 as the first institutional and regulated crypto-exchange, our founding team quickly realized there was an opportunity to establish ourselves as the trusted leader in digital assets. By creating regulated digital assets like our USD-backed stablecoin PAX, we’re giving customers the chance to process their financial transactions in safer, faster and more cost-effective ways. We’re also building solutions for some of the world’s best-known financial institutions to settle day-to-day transactions faster, cheaper and with the most modern technology. We believe the global financial system has relied too long on closed infrastructure and outdated technologies - it's time for a change.
Security is at the heart of what we do: as a regulated company, we are required to meet a high security bar and we are also dedicated to creating trust with our customers. As we continue to grow, we are investing heavily in our internal security operations. We are opening a role for an Information Security Manager to join our New York office, report directly to our CISO, and work with a number of key stakeholder groups across the business. This is a senior, individual contributor role and will oversee the assessment, planning, implementation and scaling of our various information and physical security practices and policies.
What you will do:
- Work closely with our Legal, Compliance, Engineering, and Operations teams on key security policies
- Create security and IT policies, frameworks, and rulesets, and work closely with our CISO to roll these out across the organization
- Partner with stakeholders on new product rollouts, ensuring that security is at the forefront of our planning
- Provide complete and accurate reporting to the Board of Directors and its Security Committee, internal and external auditors, regulatory agencies, and industry compliance officials.
- Liaise with information security and risk management staff at Paxos’ customers and vendors, ensuring compliance with applicable rulesets
- Assist Legal & Compliance teams with any work related to our compliance with the Money Laundering and Financial Crimes Strategy Act of 1998
- Advise the Company on Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) and coordinate some reporting activities with the New York and New Jersey High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA)
What you need to have:
- A minimum of five years’ experience at interpreting and advising the business in compliance with regulatory, industry, and internal policy rulesets, policy frameworks and regimes; a background in information security; and experience collaborating and cooperating with law enforcement authorities
- Experience working with AML rulesets and with the regulatory bodies that govern these (SEC, DFS, etc)
- Experience in the financial services and cryptocurrency industries is preferred
- A JD or some experience in a legal or compliance field is helpful
- Experience working in a technology company is a must. You will need to work closely with engineering and product teams in this role
- The Ability to juggle multiple priorities and manage through ambiguity
- Demonstrated career growth within the field
- CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH, nice to haves
- Experience working in an international/global organization
- Prior experience with security policy, standards, and controls definition
Other than these qualifications, we're hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do and can't wait to join an amazing team.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 110 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
- The Paxos Blog
- Paxos Raises $65MM Series B
- Podcast with Paxos Founder
- Paxos Blog: Building the Future of Finance
- Paxos Founder on CNBC’s Mad Money
- Paxos in the WSJ