Infrastructure Engineer at Collibra
We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organization is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
The Infrastructure Team is responsible for enabling product teams . As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will help to deliver the tools and the platform, and to enable the development teams (guidance, training, support, smoothly working tools, self-service) - without doing it in their place. In a broader sense, you will help to maintain the engineering ecosystem.A day in the life of a Infrastructure Engineer at Collibra:
You’ll be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Improving the existing infrastructure and building new infrastructure for running our build pipelines
- Helping the teams with infrastructure for continuous integration, including unit tests, integration tests, regression tests, performance tests, UI tests, etc.
- Maintain the Engineering Ecosystem, such as, CloudBees Core (Jenkins), Atlassian products, JFrog Cloud, SonarQube
- Architect new infrastructure solutions that Collibra needs to move forward, going for SaaS or open-source solutions first
- Drive automation throughout the entire team = Automate as much as possible (e.g., Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins jobs)
- Help us become more data-driven, by making development efforts, quality metrics (e.g., issues raised, lead time), process efficiency (e.g., around CI/CD) visible
- Thriving in defining everything-as-code!
- Celebrate your successes!
- 8+ years experience building scalable software applications, or 3+ years of experience and a Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Industry experience and knowledge of:
- Coding & development practices (Java / Groovy and/or Python, testing)
- Git (Bitbucket) & GitOps principles
- Ideally, but not mandatory: Jenkins (pipeline as code), REST APIs & GraphQL
- A DevOps mindset
- A strong passion for automation, quality, and perfection
- Agile learning skills: you’re able to adapt quickly as our technology stack evolves to meet new challenges
- Hands-on attitude, strong analytical mind and passion about creating and finishing new things
- Open mind: you understand that good ideas can come from everywhere
- Collaboration attitude, positive and open mindset: you’re aware that a part of the job is about helping others and you welcome that challenge
- Comfortable working fully in English - we're a global team, and it's the language we share!
- Broad interest in technologies such as:
- Amazon Web Services
- Ansible and Terraform
- JFrog and SonarQube
- Datadog, SignalFX, Grafana/Prometheus
- Competitive compensation, and private company equity
- Inclusive benefits package allowing enrollment of dependents and partners
- A flexible culture that understands the importance of quality of work over quantity
- An opportunity to work with a diverse, global community of 600+ Collibrians across 18 countries, united by our value of open, direct, and kind
- A culture of company-wide collaboration and shared success.
- Company supported and employee driven resource groups that promote diversity, career development and empowerment
- Learning and development programs to advance your career and personal growth
- Corporate social responsibility initiatives with global reach
- Regular recognition, feedback, and open communication across all levels
- Team building, bonding, mentorship and support to grow confidence, trust and friendships
- Fully stocked kitchens, biweekly catered lunches, and regular social events for when we get back to the office. Until then, we’re finding new ways to stay connected and engaged.
*At Collibra, we’re focused on building a world-class company and culture, and that starts with the people we hire. We take pride in being an equal opportunity employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.*