Infrastructure Security Manager at Vimeo
As an Infrastructure Security Manager leading our Infrastructure Security team, you will support our cloud infrastructure by leading a team responsible for developing tools, building services and providing consultative services to our engineering teams. You will be a key member safeguarding our creators who entrust Vimeo with their content every day. You’ll plan and carry out security measures to monitor and protect sensitive data and systems from infiltration and cyber-attacks. You love to solve puzzles, and are a great team player who is excited to lead from both a people and technical perspective. You will work closely with Application Security, Compliance, Site Reliability Engineering and across all development teams.
What you'll do:
- Manage the Infrastructure Security team’s day-to-day operations
- Assess the current state of Vimeo’s security practices, highlighting areas for immediate and long-term changes
- Thoughtfully negotiate, clarify, and communicate security priorities across teams to make sure they align with overall business objectives
- Hire the best security team in the industry, growing the team further in 2020
- Build a strong security engineering function to effectively identify vulnerabilities before production, investing in automation and machine learning techniques where possible
- Ensure risk controls are implemented and fully monitored throughout system life cycles
- Evangelize security-first practices across all teams building code, and develop processes to address vulnerabilities in production
- Stay abreast of the shifting security landscape, and communicate across Engineering teams to ensure alignment
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 5+ years of experience in information security, preferably at a SaaS company
- 2+ years of experience managing small to medium security teams
- Proven experience hiring security professionals
- Knowledge of and passion for emerging security technologies
- CISSP, CISM, or other similar security certification a plus
- Familiarity with GDPR, experience in a UGC (user generated content) environment a plus
Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. With over 150 million members across more than 150 countries, we help anyone grow their business by making it easy to create and market high-quality, impactful videos.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world, and is an operating business of IAC. Learn more at www.vimeo.com.