iOS Engineer (remote) at Meetup
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
To continue to help these tight-knit communities grow, and to help new ones form, we want you to join our team to help us continuously deploy a lightweight and personal Meetup app.
iOS Engineers are leaders of the team. If you're applying for this role, you excel not just technically, but also in your ability to collaborate with your colleagues. More than other engineers, you take the lead in making architecture decisions, estimating project time frames, and managing sub-tasks. You should be an advocate for standard iOS methodologies, great usability, and exceptional quality. In Swift!
What you get to do on our team:
- Focus on building out the future of the flagship Meetup app using Swift
- Work with API engineers to define how data should be structured and delivered
- Partner with designers to ensure that the app is beautiful and that it's aligned to iOS platform conventions
- Take critical engineering decisions by defining the app's features with our product team
- Collaborate on a large modular codebase organized in frameworks
- Use Apollo GraphQL to communicate with our mobile edge API
- Take turns overseeing the release of the app to our millions of users
- Research new technologies and trends to improve our platform
To be successful in this role, you need:
- 3+ years of developing iOS apps, and deploying apps in the App Store
- Proficiency with Swift, including networking, threading, protocol-oriented programming, generics, type inference, closures and higher-order functions, safe optional unwrapping, and enum as a first-class type
- An interest in using GraphQL and REST to communicate with our mobile edge API
- A good understanding of the MVVM architecture
- Ability to use storyboards and auto-layout, with an interest in SwiftUI
- An eye for design and attention to detail, including supporting dark mode
- Experience with unit testing using XCTest, including mocking and spying in Swift
- An interest in iOS technologies, including widgets, in-app purchases, Face ID / Touch ID, system integration, notifications
- Ability to drive features to completion within a team-supported mentoring environment
- Interest in working closely with Android and API engineers
- Desire to work on a fully distributed (remote) team
Bonus points for:
- Leading and mentoring engineers
- Experience with modular architecture and developing frameworks
- Experience with CocoaPods or Swift Package Manager
- Experience with Realm
Meetup employees are bold, supportive, and passionate about enabling people coming together and creating the future of real community; a future where people embrace their differences and similarities, show up, do things, and turn to each other to improve their lives. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring and developing diverse, dynamic teams in a safe and inclusive environment.