iOS Engineer at WeWork Technology
About the Role
WeWork is hiring an iOS Engineer to work on applications that connect our members both socially and professionally. For a passionate and motivated engineer, this is an exciting opportunity to work on a new team establishing best practices and standards for future iterations. We are overhauling the current member experience to better connect our members with our spaces (think Internet of things) and each other to help them connect, grow and ultimately be more successful. This position comes with a lot of responsibility and technical leadership as WeWork continues to scale and mature as a software engineering organization.
About the Mission
The Member Experience mission is responsible for delivering technology that creates intelligent environments and connected, consciously-engineered communities for every space in the world. Our team is interested in increasing lifetime value, satisfaction productivity, and building engaging community models in smart environments. Our tools give our members superpowers to connect with the people and things which will make them happy and successful. We are able to do this primarily through the WeWork App (Android, iOS, web) and its core services.
- You'll design, develop, test, ship and improve our member mobile applications.
- You can debate, design & ship new features in an innovative, iterative and experiment-driven mindset.
- You'll take part in scaling & upleveling iOS development across the organization.
- You'll be contributing to and learning development on other platforms.
- 5+ years of professional work experience in backend software development.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Expertise in at least one general purpose programming backend language.
- Professional experience with three or more from the following: consumer APIs, distributed and parallel systems, networking, aggregation services, message queues, performance tuning, database optimization, DevOps, infrastructure, automated testing.
- 7+ years of professional work experience in backend software development.
- Deep experience in either Ruby, Java, or Go.
- Deep experience with event based systems and messaging paradigms.
- Experience with and knowledge of Docker.
- Experience and/or interest in other areas of development (web, mobile).
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical and digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members and employees. We build software and hardware that enables our members to connect with each other and the space around them like never before.
We augment our community and culture teams through the tools we build. We believe there’s a macro shift toward a new way of working—one focused on a movement towards meaning and purpose. WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
We are a team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.