RADAR is building technology to completely transform the in-store experience for retail employees and customers alike. Our proprietary hardware and software platform combines RFID, computer vision and machine learning to provide hyper-precise, real-time location of every product and person in physical stores. This unprecedented capability enables retailers to automate in-store inventory management, analytics, and checkout...and this is just the beginning of what we hope to accomplish together.
About The Job
We are enthusiastic to bring on a second iOS Engineer to join our growing team. In this role you will help us build out the key features of our first iOS application. The app is designed to help retail store employees locate products and manage inventory. We care deeply about our customer experience and you should too. You will work closely with our UX team to transform existing wireframes into refined app screens, interactions, and components. Your ability to write great reusable code will be essential as we build other iOS applications on our roadmap.
In your first week you will:
- Familiarize yourself with the architecture and style of the iOS codebase
- Merge your first pull request into the iOS repository
- Complete a ticket for our iOS application for retail stores
In your first month you will:
- Break ground on a flow within our iOS application for retail stores
- Propose changes in code reviews and architecture meetings for the iOS codebase
- Collaborate with UX and backend teams to build the best solutions for our clients
In your first year you will:
- Contribute to shared internal frameworks such as RadarKit, Layout, Compound, etc.
- Take ownership of various flows within our iOS application for retail stores
- Squash bugs and prevent regression with unit and UI tests
- You have 3+ years of professional iOS engineering experience
- You have 1+ years of professional Swift experience
- You have contributed to an application in production (App Store or Enterprise)
- You have great UX instincts
- You are an excellent communicator
- You have prior experience working at a startup
What We’re Looking For In Teammates
Technology like what we’re building doesn’t happen on its own. It is the result of a collaborative environment and the hard work of passionate, dedicated individuals working intelligently towards a common goal. We are looking for exceptional people to join our growing team and have a positive impact on our culture, technology, and product from day one. We deeply value humility, curiosity, and a positive attitude and you should as well. You should also believe that mutual respect is the foundation of any healthy and productive relationship. You should be unafraid to ask questions or challenge responses no matter how simple or complex. Most importantly, you should value honest and direct communication as you recognize that this is the best way for any individual or team to continuously learn and grow. Accomplishing our collective goals will be fun but it will also be hard; you should be in pursuit of an ongoing and rewarding challenge!
What It’s Like To Work With Us
We’re passionate about the technology we’ve created and what we’re building, but we know that changing any industry and creating a successful company will take balance, maturity, and a sustained effort. We’ve combined retail industry expertise, amazing engineers with experience shipping real-world hardware and software solutions, and a team of brilliant minds who are not afraid to focus on solving “impossible” problems. But this passion doesn’t mean we live unbalanced lives. We have families and passions outside of work, and we know that the best work comes from sharp, rested people. We respect each other and each of our contributions, and we believe that the best solutions will come from a diversity of ideas and perspectives.
Finally, we build our products with deep empathy for the people who will use them every day. Their input and insights are our clearest guide to building what they need; we respect our partners and clients, and listen closely to their feedback.