Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
To continue to help these tight-knit communities grow, and to help new ones form, we want you to join our team to help us continuously deploy a lightweight and personal Meetup app.
iOS Engineers are leaders of the team. If you're applying for this role, you excel not just technically, but also in your ability to collaborate with your colleagues. More than other engineers, you take the lead in making architecture decisions, estimating project time frames, and managing sub-tasks. You should be an advocate for standard iOS methodologies, great usability, and exceptional quality. In Swift!
What you get to do on our team:
- Focus on building out the future of the flagship Meetup app using Swift
- Work with API engineers to define how data should be structured and delivered
- Partner with designers to ensure that the app is beautiful and that it's aligned to iOS platform conventions
- Take critical engineering decisions by defining the app's features with our product team
This is why you're an engineer:
- Experience developing a quality iOS application from conception to App Store launch
- A deep understanding of all of these areas on iOS: networking, storyboards, XCTest, and Swift
- Dedication to the company's core mission of cultivating local community worldwide
- You love good software and design
Bonus points for:
- Working knowledge of standard mobile web methodologies, Realm, and/or AlamoFire
- Launching on the App Store using Swift!
- Shipping multiple apps seen by millions
- Leading and mentoring engineers
- Organizing local meetups
Check out our engineering blog: https://medium.com/making-meetup
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?