BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is looking for an iOS Engineer to help build features and shape the future of the BuzzFeed iOS App. Our versatile team consists of product managers, designers, data scientists, and engineers all working together on our mission to make the app the best place to consume BuzzFeed content. In your role, you’ll collaborate with the team to create strategies around user retention and product utility and build incredible features to bring our user’s satisfaction and meet company goals. This job is preferably based in our Minneapolis office but we’re all remote during Covid, and will continue to support remote work for select locations.
- Apply your iOS technical and product expertise to solving real problems for both our BuzzFeed iOS users and our business
- Build features that integrate into our internal and open source iOS frameworks that are used across multiple applications
- Collaborate with product, design, data science, QA, and other internal partners on both coming up with and building new ideas
- Write high-quality code and tests to build apps and frameworks that stand the test of time
- You have worked on and maintained iOS applications or frameworks
- You have 1+ years experience with the Swift programming language and common iOS Architectures
- You are comfortable working with people across multiple disciplines like design, product, and data science
- You can articulate your decisions and questions in a way that allows for team collaboration
- You are comfortable soliciting and providing direct and impactful feedback
- You are willing to take initiative on work that needs to be done
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.