iOS QA Automation Engineer at Butterfly Network, Inc.
Butterfly Network’s mission is to democratize healthcare by enabling universal access to superior medical imaging. We reinvented ultrasound technology by creating the world's first handheld, single-probe whole-body ultrasound system: the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology reduces the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip.
Butterfly harnesses the advantages of AI and cloud computing to deliver advanced imaging that is easy-to-use and built for the digital era.The Butterfly iQ and next-generation Butterfly iQ+ have received CE Mark and FDA clearance, and are being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.Job Description
Butterfly Network is seeking an experienced QA Engineer to join the Quality & Productivity team to help us ensure we are able to consistently ship a high-quality iOS app. The Q&P team ensures that all software meets internal and external standards and meets user needs before we ship anything to customers. This role is critical to protecting Butterfly’s reputation and ensuring we are able to continue improving health outcomes. Specifically, we are looking for QA Engineers who have experience working in the domain of iOS apps.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Design and execute manual test cases to verify our software works as intended.
- Document quality assurance activities so that others can help perform manual testing.
- Perform exploratory testing to identify opportunities to build our confidence in releasing our software products.
- Build and configure the interfaces required to support test activities.
- Create synthetic data to support test cases.
- Automation of test cases, where possible, to support regression testing.
- Perform a broad variety of tasks in support of the role and responsibilities.
- Two or more years experience working in a quality assurance role.
- Experience collaborating closely with product and engineering team throughout agile development process from product definition to post-release validation
- Provide ongoing maintenance of all the test plans, adapts to quick development cycles and constantly updates them to include customer feedback and new use cases.
- Work alongside other QA specialists on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Comfortable working with web quality assurance as well as web quality assurance
- Coding experience, for example, using Swift.
You Deeply Identify with Core Butterfly Network Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Flexible Paid Time Off - recharge and come back ready to make an impact
- The ability to either work remotely or be based in one of our US offices in NYC, Palo Alto, or Guilford, CT.
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.