Java Developer at Sulzer US, LLC
Positions to be stationed in Montvale, NJ, working closely with colleagues in NJ and Germany.
Full-time based employment with competitive market rates and benefits.
About Us: Sulzer US, LLC is a dynamic and innovative tech start-up delivering cloud, big data, and user experience custom software solutions to industry-leading clients. We operate the software we build and serve as long-term partners to our clients, including consulting on AI initiatives. We achieve success by investing in our people and technologies to create bespoke solutions.
Who You Are: Java Software Developer to design and develop various web applications for our products and as part of our service offerings. You will work collaboratively with a team of Software Developers and Project Managers to analyze user requirements and setup continuous integration and continuous deployment for applications. When in front of a screen, you’ve got the forte for writing clean, readable and maintainable code. With a hunger for all things tech, you will bring an open mind to learning new things as well as a fresh perspective.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Experience with backend programming languages such as Java/JEE and Python
- Working knowledge of backend frameworks such as Spring Boot
- Proficiency in databases such as MongoDB and SQL
- General understanding of algorithms and data structure
- Ability to use critical thinking and sound judgement
- Interest in working with cloud computing platforms
- Working knowledge of industry trends and technologies
- Great communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with application architecture is a plus, but not required for success
Within Your First Month, You’ll:
- Learn about Sulzer US, our business model and product and service offerings.
- Ramp up on our technology stack through peer-led training sessions.
- Begin to write internal documentation for your work so teams are looped in on the latest updates.
- Complete and deploy your first assigned project.
- Contribute ideas, ask questions, and raise concerns when encountering challenges.
Within 6 Months, You’ll:
- Feel more comfortable navigating our tech stack and continuously leverage your team members to help fill in any gaps of understanding.
- Work collaboratively with your manager to identify areas for personal growth and create a plan to improve.
- Own major areas of an application or project that you have been assigned.
Within Your First Year, You’ll:
- Create trusting relationships with our clients establishing Sulzer US as a main point of contact.
- Exhibit a strong understanding of all aspects the systems that you work on.
- Collaborate with developers and project managers to define priorities and set delivery goals.
- Contribute to the architecture of projects ensuring that decisions are inline with user requirements and best practices.
- Proactively provide and implement recommendations to improve the quality and stability of our applications.
- Contribute to Sulzer US’ continuous improvement initiative by bringing fresh ideas and the energy to bring our team to the next level.
What are the Benefits of Joining Our Team?
At Sulzer US, we take ultimate pride in our employees! By choosing a career at Sulzer US, you gain the perks of choosing from three comprehensive medical plans to fit your needs, as well as receiving accrual-based PTO days, paid sick leave, flexible work hours, and a parental leave program. Enjoy a laid-back workplace with casual dress attire, ticket and event discount savings, and company celebrations – both in and out of the office! We provide continuous learning and development opportunities, 401(k) plans, and an employee referral program because we’re always looking for great people to join the team!
What to Expect from Our Selection Process:
While an advanced degree is not required, we seek passionate technologists who possess both technical and soft skills to excel on our team. Our selection process is designed to assess the whole candidate and foster a mutual match for you and us. The process includes:
- Apply by submitting your resume; cover letters are optional.
- The Sulzer US Hiring Team reviews your application.
- If your skills meet the position requirements, you will receive a link to complete a Codility Test. Here we will assess your technical and problem solving skills. Once submitted, a technical team member will grade and rank your test.
- Introductory Phone Interview with a member of the Sulzer US Hiring Team to discuss what you are looking for in a role, as well as answer any high level questions about us.
- Virtual Technical Interview using Codility or Microsoft Teams in order to dive deep into your technical and problem solving skills.
- Final Interview, either video or in-person, to enable our leaders to get to know you and give you the opportunity to share all your burning questions about Sulzer US, our culture, and your desired role.