JIRA Developer and Administrator at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about staying on top of the latest IT trends and have an excellent knack for supporting internal employees.
You will play an integral role by administering the DigitalOcean Jira and Confluence Data Center instances. You will be troubleshooting operational issues, providing technical solutions to operational problems, contributing to upgrades and implementation of new functionality, and providing the overall upkeep and maintenance of Jira and Confluence instances. You will also be working with internal business partners to define requirements for advanced customizations, automation, integrations and plan the future Atlassian Cloud migration.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Identify gaps, and provide suggestions for improvements to existing workflows and project setups to streamline use and increase performance.
- Create and maintain templates of Jira boards, workflows, etc. for the purpose of creating new programs in Jira that adhere to established standards.
- Assist with completing JIRA configurations for design, development, and implementation activities, in adherence with the JIRA Framework.
- Helping staff with Jira-related tasks and modifications to improve existing projects and tailor configurations to their requirements.
- Able to create Jira based reports, dashboards and planning views based on different user requirements and provide stakeholders with actionable project metrics and status reports.
- Drive strategic roadmap for better tool utilization through training, coaching, and optimization - enabling stakeholders to work with even greater productivity.
- Conduct training on JIRA and Confluence regarding how to use the tools and new functionality.
- 5+ years of Jira & Confluence development, in both On-Premise and Cloud environments
- Knowledge of Scrum, Agile and continuous integration, and continuous deployment practices
- Knowledge of the Atlassian product suite at admin and super-user level
- Knowledge of system access and permissions configurations to ensure compliance and enforce best practices
- A pleasant demeanor and the ability to communicate in user-friendly language
- A strong customer-first mindset
- Willingness to learn and continuously improve your skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and managing your time carefully
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here