Junior Mobile Engineer at Gemini
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Design Technology
In Design Tech, we think comfort zones are the enemy of creativity. A dynamic team of designers, engineers, researchers, our team blends beauty with tech to create a world-class product interface for our exchange. We are inspired by design, fueled by data, and obsessed with the user, both retail and institution.
This position is full-time at Gemini’s office HQ in New York, NY, and will report to the Manager of Mobile Engineering.
We are looking for a Mobile Engineer to join our engineering team that delivers our Android and iOS application, as well as future products. You will work closely with other engineering and product leaders to define technical and product roadmaps and ensure timely delivery of high-quality software.
- Develop new products and features for our mobile application(s)
- Review other software engineers’ code for correctness, style, and information security concerns.
- Provide technical input to the planning, design, and requirements gathering process for new products and product features
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- Passion for building consumer facing software products
- Knowledge of mobile best practices and design patterns
- Experience building cross-platform mobile applications with React Native
- Experience working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology a huge plus
- Knowledge of both unit and integration testing
- The ability to self-organize and clearly communicate intent
- Experience with Scala or Java and server-side MVC frameworks like Play
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know