Lead Architect OS at Peloton
Peloton is looking for a Lead Architect for the Peloton OS who will direct, plan and coordinate the design, optimization, and implementation of the Android operating system for Peloton’s interactive hardware devices.
We are a team of world-class experts developing and shipping products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. The Peloton OS team is at the core of our software. We work on the full stack to help provide modular scalable platform and consistent services for Peloton applications. The team is responsible for managing Peloton OS (Android based) and defining the key core components to build robust and scalable OS platform.
We are looking for candidates who are extremely passionate about OS technologies and who are strong proponents of building a solid platform to help our application teams iterate faster. A successful candidate in this role is self-driven, passionate and doesn't mind delving into different areas of the stack. This person will take initiative and should be willing to execute consistently in an agile, fast-paced environment. Strong communications skills are key as well given we interact and work with many internal and external engineering teams, partners, architects and product management.
- Work closely with product management, application software engineers and external partners to understand requirements and specify interfaces for new software frameworks and enhance existing frameworks
- Design, develop, and verify software frameworks
- Work with Application and BSP teams to debug functional, performance and stability issues across the stack
- Participate in design and code reviews for the OS team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with shipping consumer products
- Experience with Android internals and frameworks services
- 8+ years of experience in coding in C/C++ and/or Java
- Experience with Android SDK, NDK, JNI and IPC mechanisms
- Experience with Android performance tools and security models
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.