Peloton is looking for a Lead Architect for the Peloton OS who will direct, plan and coordinate the design, optimization, and implementation of the Android operating system for Peloton’s interactive hardware devices.
We are a team of world-class experts developing and shipping products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. The Peloton OS team is at the core of our software. We work on the full stack to help provide modular scalable platform and consistent services for Peloton applications. The team is responsible for managing Peloton OS (Android based) and defining the key core components to build robust and scalable OS platform.
We are looking for candidates who are extremely passionate about OS technologies and who are strong proponents of building a solid platform to help our application teams iterate faster. A successful candidate in this role is self-driven, passionate and doesn't mind delving into different areas of the stack. This person will take initiative and should be willing to execute consistently in an agile, fast-paced environment. Strong communications skills are key as well given we interact and work with many internal and external engineering teams, partners, architects and product management.
- Work closely with product management, application software engineers and external partners to understand requirements and specify interfaces for new software frameworks and enhance existing frameworks
- Design, develop, and verify software frameworks
- Work with Application and BSP teams to debug functional, performance and stability issues across the stack
- Participate in design and code reviews for the OS team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with shipping consumer products
- Experience with Android internals and frameworks services
- 8+ years of experience in coding in C/C++ and/or Java
- Experience with Android SDK, NDK, JNI and IPC mechanisms
- Experience with Android performance tools and security models
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses, and retail showrooms in the US, UK, and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.