Lead Backend Engineer - Stealth Digital Healthcare Startup
Greater NYC Area
BCG Digital Ventures is an ever-growing global team of entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. We invent, build and invest in startups with the world’s most influential companies. The business ventures we create build strategic advantages for some of the most important global companies and help them own the next horizon of innovation.
This venture seeks to dramatically improve quality of life for patients with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) like Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. We are building a digital platform that not only supports patients but also generates real world data to help IBD stakeholders make meaningful treatment advances.
We are looking for an exceptional technology leader who will work with the executive leadership team to best align business and technology strategy to drive the success of this disruptive startup.
· Build responsive, mobile friendly and beautiful web applications, and software products.
· Create REST based web services and APIs for consumption by mobile and web platforms.
· Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with product managers, UI/UX experts, and fellow engineers.
· Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, and performance code base
· Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the team
· Mentor and lead other engineering team members
· Interview candidates for open positions
· Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
· 5+ years software engineering experience with Java (Java 8 and higher), Spring Boot, Spring JPA, MySQL/MariaDB
· Experience with performance optimization techniques
· Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc…)
· Experience with DevOps technologies: Docker, Rancher, AWS.
· Experience with Elasticsearch, Quartz, Rabbit MQ, MongoDB is a strong plus
Read Full Job Description