Lead Backend Engineer at Clear Street
At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
As a Lead Backend Engineer, you will work directly with our CTO as you guide a passionate and collaborative team of engineers that are building a highly distributed system. You will skillfully architect and design new features and services - choosing technologies with the full knowledge that these decisions matter. You can dive deep into our cloud infrastructure and help lead the adoption of our DevOps culture.
Lead Backend Engineer Characteristics:
- You have a solid foundation in Computer Science.
- You have delivered and maintained service-oriented architectures. Here, you’ll mostly be learning and using Golang (GO).
- You have built scalable distributed systems from the ground up and understand the impact of architecture, design, and tooling decisions.
- You are a natural leader and enjoy nurturing and mentoring others. You invest yourself in your team’s growth.
- Ideally, you have experience with enterprise messaging through Kafka.
- You've deployed services on Amazon AWS, Google GCP, or Azure.
- You possess a drive to improve processes, learn from past experiences, and innovate.
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks