Lead Computer Vision Engineer
RADAR is building technology to completely transform the in-store experience for retail employees and customers alike. Our proprietary hardware and software platform combines RFID, computer vision and machine learning to provide hyper-precise, real-time location of every product and person in physical stores. This unprecedented capability enables retailers to automate in-store inventory management, analytics, and checkout...and this is just the beginning of what we hope to accomplish together.
About The Job
We are enthusiastic to bring on an experienced Computer Vision Engineer to lead our vision team. In this role you will be responsible for building/scaling the computer vision team as well as the computer vision infrastructure. Additional responsibilities will include designing algorithms and experiments to improve integration of the RFID and vision systems, people tracking capabilities, and object detection. You will have the opportunity to design the system architecture from the ground up alongside our systems/embedded engineers. This role will be cross-functional in nature, collaborating with our hardware, wireless, back-end, embedded, and retail teams. This position can be based in either our New York City or San Diego office.
- You have 4+ years of professional experience working with computer vision and/or machine learning
- You have 2+ years of professional experience leading a computer vision team
- You are proficient in Python, OpenCV and deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or similar
- You have a Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, or equivalent
- You are well versed in taking a computer vision project through the planning, data collection + annotation, training, deployment and iteration phases
- You are able to translate state of the art research results into real world production systems
- You have deep expertise in one or more of the following: object / person detection and tracking, human pose estimation, activity recognition, scene understanding, geometry-based methods in vision, sensor fusion, autonomous systems
- You have experience working with camera calibration, multi-camera systems and real-time video processing
- You are proficient in C++ and/or Java
- You understand wireless systems and digital signal processing
- You are acquainted with real-time 3D visualization / graphics programming
- You are comfortable deploying trained models on low-power accelerators such as FPGAs or custom ASICs
What We’re Looking For In Teammates
Technology like what we’re building doesn’t happen on its own. It is the result of a collaborative environment and the hard work of passionate, dedicated individuals working intelligently towards a common goal. We are looking for exceptional people to join our growing team and have a positive impact on our culture, technology, and product from day one. We deeply value humility, curiosity, and a positive attitude and you should as well. You should also believe that mutual respect is the foundation of any healthy and productive relationship. You should be unafraid to ask questions or challenge responses no matter how simple or complex. Most importantly, you should value honest and direct communication as you recognize that this is the best way for any individual or team to continuously learn and grow. Accomplishing our collective goals will be fun but it will also be hard; you should be in pursuit of an ongoing and rewarding challenge!
What It’s Like To Work With Us
We’re passionate about the technology we’ve created and what we’re building, but we know that changing any industry and creating a successful company will take balance, maturity, and a sustained effort. We’ve combined retail industry expertise, amazing engineers with experience shipping real-world hardware and software solutions, and a team of brilliant minds who are not afraid to focus on solving “impossible” problems. But this passion doesn’t mean we live unbalanced lives. We have families and passions outside of work, and we know that the best work comes from sharp, rested people. We respect each other and each of our contributions, and we believe that the best solutions will come from a diversity of ideas and perspectives.
Finally, we build our products with deep empathy for the people who will use them every day. Their input and insights are our clearest guide to building what they need; we respect our partners and clients, and listen closely to their feedback.