What is WorkMarket?
WorkMarket, an ADP Company, is the leading platform for on-demand workforce management. Our cloud-based Freelance Management System (FMS) is used by today's biggest companies to organize, manage and pay their freelancers and independent contractors.
The team is passionate about redefining the labor model for the 21st century and creating the best solutions for our customers. It is a large, complicated problem to solve and we can't do it without having the best talent moving us forward and thinking outside the box.
For more about ADP's acquisition of WorkMarket, please see https://www.workmarket.com/press/adp-acquires-workmarket
Why should you join us?
WorkMarket is a dynamic startup that was recently acquired by the most trusted name in human capital management, ADP. From New York to Toronto -- the entire WorkMarket team is committed to building powerful enterprise software that can help the biggest companies on the planet work smarter and faster.
WorkMarket offers the vibe of a startup with the resources of a Fortune 500 company, and you'll be an active participant in driving our product and technology strategy. Our dynamic team of engineers are passionate about what they do and have fun along the way.
- Architecture: API-driven, distributed, microservice-based
- Frontend : React/Redux, Swagger + Backbone/Handlebars/jQuery
- Backend: Java 8, Spring Boot, Solr, Kafka, Zuul
- Build: Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, Gradle
- Infrastructure: AWS, Consul, Nomad, TerraForm, Vault, Salt, MySQL/RDS
- Quality Assurance: Mabl, Locust/BlazeMeter, Python-based API test automation
Things you'll do
- Leverage your experience, expertise, and insights to define the architecture strategy for the WorkMarket platform.
- Partner with engineering teams to guide the implementation of design and architectural patterns to ensure high performance and stability of the platform.
- Help to refine our microservices and CI/CD strategies
- Help to define and implement a documentation and communication strategy for platform architecture
- Partner with product owner(s) to refine and assess new capabilities
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience designing and developing highly-transactional, distributed, SaaS applications
- In-depth knowledge of and ability to apply design and architectural patterns
- Knowledge and 5+ years of professional experience with Java 8 and Spring
- Experience with AWS services and Docker
- Passion for engineering best practices
- Experience working within an agile development framework
- Track record of building software with quality and of high performance
- Experience with high-throughput user-facing transactional systems.
We're designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you're working for. Consistently named one of the 'Most Admired Companies' by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the 'Top 50 Companies for Diversity,' ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. "Always Designing for People" means we're creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.