WHAT YOU'LL DO
- As a Lead Engineer, you will own all technology and engineering responsibility of a venture and work closely with internal teams from Product, Design and Business Leadership to ensure its successful delivery.
- You will be a hands-on product builder who defines the tech stack, leads the Engineering team, validates build feasibility, defines the technology architecture, design and roadmap, handling risk as well as key aspects of security, performance and scalability amongst other meaningful focus areas.
- Other responsibilities include working with global and regional leadership to help align the engineering roadmap against business and product objectives as well as provide thought leadership in current and emerging technology trends.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- For the Lead Engineer role, we are looking for senior hands-on technologists with 8 years of extensive software engineering experience.
- The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and has experience working with both technical and non-technical colleagues in a cross-functional environment.
- Other key areas of experience include having an excellent understanding of technical project management and delivery with specific focus on Lean and Agile principles.
- Strong exposure to multiple scripting and object-oriented languages such as Java, Ruby on Rails, Go and Python
- Excellent understanding of secure web services and working with different message formats i.e. JSON, XML
- Demonstrable platform architecture and design experience with building MVC and backend applications
- Experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google, Azure
- Strong understanding of platform, application and data security
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- An opportunity to play a key role in the design, development and commercialization of software and hardware products aimed at disrupting B2B and B2C markets across a wide range of business domains.
- The opportunity to work within a deeply accomplished team with direct exposure to some of the world's most influential organizations.
- A structured career development program with both technical and leadership tracks.
- A competitive salary and benefits complimented with a flexible learning & development budget (including attending conferences) enabling you to choose the right path for your own development.
- A level of autonomy and self-management that you won’t typically find at other companies.