Lead Enterprise Infrastructure Engineer at Gemini
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
Gemini’s Infrastructure team are the key experts in building and operating Gemini’s world class cryptocurrency exchange systems and networks, using a combination of high-speed data center equipment and cloud-hosted components. With a focus on building, automating, and scaling Gemini’s product offerings, the Infrastructure keeps a close eye on the horizon and thinks steps ahead of the company’s business needs to collaboratively build and scale its growing footprint.
As the Lead Engineer of the Corporate Technology team, you’ll be designing, implementing, and managing the technology powering Gemini’s employees - hardware and software. You’ll be building out the internal corporate systems that enable Gemini to be productive and successful, and managing all supporting technology. This is a unique opportunity to work with the entire organization across multiple offices while also building out new systems, driving new projects. As Lead Engineer you need to drive the move to automation, integration, and engineering of our corporate systems - a DevOps mindset and SRE background would be valuable here.This position is full-time at any of Gemini’s offices, and will report to the IT Manager.
- Architecting our corporate technology platform - including Macbooks, GSuite, MDM, AV, etc
- Day to day responsibility supporting the technology in our offices that makes all employees productive, focused, and engaged - Gemini can’t deliver without these systems
- Collaborating with the various Gemini teams to improve and innovate on the technology platform that makes Gemini tick
- Manage and maintain the internal feedback loops to generate FAQs, user guides, and help documentation to enable all Gemini employees to work faster and better than ever
- Introduce, design, and drive engineering and scripting within the Corporate Tech team, managing all the infrastructure and systems through code.
- Automating common support functions through code and orchestration platforms - eg. ConcourseCI, and Ansible
- Laptop and Mobile device management leveraging MDM platforms such as Jamf and Google MDM
- Automating IT asset management including lease renewal and repair
- Automating User Account management using services such as GSuite, LDAP, Active Directory, OKTA
- Automating troubleshooting with SaaS products including GSuite, Office 365, Slack
- Network troubleshooting for wired and Wi-Fi connectivity
- Designing AV and collaborative systems to scale to 1000+ employees
- 7+ years of experience in an IT support capacity
- Significant experience in a Mac and GSuite environment
- Experience with managing macOS deployments out to 500+ users
- Experience managing G Suite through code
- Experience managing Okta with ActiveDirectory and GSuite
- Experience automating the deployment and management of printers, monitors, laptops, and other typical company IT equipment
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, and AWS
- Experience with A/V collaborative systems at 1000+ employee scale
- Basic understanding of networking principles including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Wi-Fi
- Must be able to multitask, prioritize, and organize your day to achieve SLAs, meet project deadlines and communicate technical ideas to non-technical people
- Must be eager to to be teach and mentor the rest of the team
- Experience with Jamf in 1000+ device environments
- Experience implementing IAM processes and controls
- Experience with implementing automation to remediate manual toil
- Experience in a startup, fintech or finance organization
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.