Lead Implementation Engineer
US-based remote candidates welcome to apply. We are a remote friendly startup.
Saturn Cloud is changing data science in the modern enterprise. Our solution helps companies perform data science at a new level of scale, with one-click solutions, to solve the world’s hardest problems. Our product is a SaaS platform which equips data science teams with high-leverage automation tools, eliminating hours of traditional, manual work. The platform is user-friendly, scalable and secure.
You will be the Lead Implementation Engineer for Saturn Cloud, an exciting venture-backed company founded by the creators of Anaconda and ResoluteAI. The role requires managing numerous stakeholders and strategic initiatives. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your existing technical and organizational skills while gaining new expertise in the world of data science, machine learning, and cloud-native deployment. You will report directly to the CEO.
Implementation Engineers at Saturn Cloud are responsible for the deployment and integration of Saturn for our customers. You will engage with our Sales team to carry out pilots and proof-of-concepts, and define the processes for standing up production instances of Saturn. You will also work closely with our Engineering and Product teams on the future direction of the product based on your experiences. This is a key role critical to making Saturn Cloud customers successful.
- Develop expertise in installing/configuring/and integrating Saturn to meet our users’ needs.
- Scope and deliver proof-of-concepts and production implementations
- Develop advanced expertise in related technologies (Kubernetes, AWS Security Groups and IAM, JupyterHub)
- Transfer product knowledge to customers and users as needed
- Train Saturn administrators at our customers organization
- Develop repeatable best practices for installing configuring and integrating Saturn
- Work closely with the pre-sales team to develop best practices for moving customers through the stages of prospect, to new customer, to successfully deployed customer
- Consult on architecture and design, bootstrap, and/or implement strategic customer projects
- Provide escalated level of support for critical customer operational issues
- Architect, implement, and/or validate integrations with 3rd party applications
- Evangelize Dask and Saturn across developer community through meetups and conferences
- Become proficient with Dask
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and whiteboarding skills
- 3-5 years in customer-facing technical role
- Ability to design and architect distributed data systems
- Experience with Big Data Technologies
- Experience working with open source and/or AWS/cloud
- Linux systems administration experience
- Strong comfort with Kubernetes and distributed computing
- Comfort with Python
- Competitive salary commensurate with your experience
- Stock options in early-stage venture poised for scale
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Employee referral bonus program
- Awesome coworkers
- Maternity and paternity plans
Our mission is to transform the businesses of our customers by making data science faster. Founded by the creators of Anaconda, NumPy and SciPy, Saturn provides a powerful data science platform for teams to build and manage data products. Our clients boast accelerated value creation cycles with Saturn by automating key elements of their analytics workflows and reaching new levels of productivity. We make data scientists happier and their businesses more successful. For more information, visit www.saturncloud.io.