Lead QA Engineer at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21.2 million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 140,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
As the Quality Lead on the Grubhub team, you will play a key role in ensuring the experience meets the quality levels expected of a best in class set applications. You will work closely with Product, Engineering, and Design to drive a quality experience across all application channels within the Grubhub Brands. You will also be an advocate of quality across the engineering teams of Grubhub to ensure robust quality processes within your team can be leveraged throughout the organization.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Manages and defines processes/procedures to improve the quality of our Diner experience. This may include, but not limited to oversight of continuous delivery (CD) tools and automation testing, quality of acceptance criteria, cross-team experience review.
- Owns, manages, monitors, and performs analysis, design, implements, and executes the test cases, test procedures, and test strategy.
- Work across departments and divisions to ensure that quality standards are upheld. Along with maintaining and improving standards within the Diner Applications.
- Work with Engineering and Product team to build quality products and design test strategy
- Stay tuned with current customer experience platforms and devices.
- Understand and articulate experience flows throughout the user lifecycle to communicate risk with features and releases
- Evangelize quality within the organization
- Manage test strategy, documentation and end to end regression for multiple applications and teams
- Mentor cross-functional team members to implement quality solutions
- Research and execute proof of concept with new tools/technologies
You Should Have
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 8+ Experience in quality assurance or related field supporting eCommerce websites and native apps.
- 5+ assurance tools (Selenium, Appium, Zephyr, Applitools, test rail, etc.) and strategies (BDD, TDD, etc.)
- Experience in working and maintaining CI/CD pipeline in a fast delivery environment
- Expert of Agile and Scrum methodology
- Ability to write code in scripting languages to use for automation
- Good verbal, written communication, problem-solving skills, a strong sense of ownership and have an innovative mindset
- Ability to work as part of a growing team and the desire to learn and participate in projects outside one’s comfort zone
- Passion and enthusiasm for security and building secure products
- Expert in building test strategy from project inception to implementation
- Any previous security knowledge or experience a plus!
- Experience in managing small to medium size onshore and offshore teams
- Provide mentorship to the team and contribute to performance reviews
And Of Course, Perks!
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex spending accounts, retirement options, and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information