Lead QA Engineer at LeafLink
LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry’s largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With over 5,500 retailers and more than 1,600 brands across 26 territories in the US and Canada, LeafLink is setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $3 billion in wholesale cannabis orders.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work in 2020’, as well as one of Fast Company’s ’Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018’, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we’re just getting started!
LeafLink is seeking a Lead QA Engineer to join our New York team who is passionate about working on teams that solve interesting, large-scale problems at a rapid pace. This role is the first hire for QA and will contribute heavily to the buildout and iteration of LeafLink’s existing and emerging systems, powering an ever-expanding set of product offerings. As a member of our engineering team, you will be in a position to have a direct, lasting impact everywhere that technology powers our business.
LeafLink is currently gearing up to tackle a large-scale platform overhaul that will strengthen our position as a technical leader within the industry. As such, this role has the opportunity to help shape the direction of test automation within our Product & Engineering department, as well as build solutions that empower our engineers to confidently deploy code and features to our various environments with increasing velocity. It’s a very exciting time to join our engineering team!
Ideal candidates for this position should possess a keen mind for solving tough problems with the ideal solution, partnering effectively with various team members along the way. They should be personable, efficient, flexible and communicative, possess a strong desire to implement change, growth, and maturity, and have a passion and love for what they do. This role comes with the opportunity to be a high performer within a department that’s fast-paced, dynamic, and quickly growing in all areas.Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and advocate for an automated testing framework for LeafLink's applications
- Be the champion for all QA efforts and best practices in a continuously evolving environment
- Empower software engineers to contribute to the testing framework by expanding on and maintaining new and existing test cases
- Participate in the testing phase of our software development lifecycle (SDLC) including integration/system, performance, regression, and user acceptance testing
- Participate in test suite design and test case creation while tracking measurable quality metrics (e.g. defect densities, open defect counts)
- Gain and share insights about quality-related issues
- Collaborate with Product and Product Design to lead the testing efforts of new product features and bug fixes (e.g. review requirements, provide usability feedback, log issues)
- Develop short-term and long-term strategic plans to continue to push LeafLink's quality assurance efforts forward
- Develop efficient tools and processes to improve software engineering productivity including CI/CD optimizations
- Manage 3rd-party relationships for services used by QA
- Lead by example for other members of the team as a dedicated, passionate, and flexible technologist who is constantly looking for the ideal solution to a problem
- Keep up to date on modern technologies and trends and advocate for their inclusion within products when it makes sense
- Work collaboratively with multiple agile teams to help deliver end-to-end products and features, seeing them through from conception to delivery
- Move quickly and intelligently - seeing technical debt as your nemesis
- 5+ years of test automation experience including building, leading, managing, and advocating for testing best practices
- Extensive experience in helping set the technical direction of a QA department by defining and implementing scalable test automation frameworks
- Expert understanding of QA methodologies, tools, and processes and how they fit into the SDLC
- Experience designing test suites and writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- A solid foundation of manual testing with excellent debugging skills
- Experience with CI/CD technologies and integrations (e.g. GitHub, CircleCI, Jenkins)
- Experience defining, measuring, and tracking quality metrics
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven ability to present information clearly and effectively
- Ability to be an influential member of a highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members
- Experience working with Product and Product Development to estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Proven track record of practical, thoughtful problem solving
- Experience working in and advocating for agile environments
- Experience building applications and working with underlying systems that work within fully containerized environments (Docker, Kubernetes) a plus
- An active member of the open-source and New York tech community a plus
- An interest in the cannabis industry and / or the LeafLink brand
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.