Help Us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Company: Nifty Gateway
Nifty Gateway is the premier marketplace for non-fungible tokens (NFTs), or “Nifties” — digital art and collectibles, backed by the Ethereum blockchain. We release exclusive collections from well known artists and brands each week. Major artists we have worked with in the past include Kenny Scharf, Lyle Owerko, Steven Baltay, and Oliver Latta.
Nifty Gateway is a “startup within a startup” — we’re Gemini employees, and we use some of Gemini’s crypto infrastructure, but we have our own tech stack and unique team culture. Help us continue to grow this unique organization as our first security leader. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to design and execute a strategy required to secure the Nifty platform, protect our users, and enable our engineers to focus on building great products. You’ll also have the unique opportunity to grow as a leader, with close support from an experienced Gemini security team. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background, the foundational qualities of a great leader, and a passion for innovative solutions that are secure and usable.
This role will report directly to Gemini’s NYC-based Chief Security Officer, and will work with the Nifty Gateway team in a matrixed fashion.
The Role: Lead Security Engineer for Nifty Gateway
Security has always been the foundation of Gemini and protecting our customers is at the core of our mission to empower the individual through crypto; trust is our product.The Security Engineering team at Gemini develops and manages security tools and platforms, assists users to design and assess the security internal systems, builds automation to simplify manual or complex processes, and researches business related topics including smart contracts and applied cryptography. In addition, this role will also work closely with our Security Operations, Product Security, and SRE teams.
- Be the primary security expert for Nifty products and the central point of contact for the team.
- Design and review secure and scalable architecture to support security requirements of our engineers and an active and growing user base.
- Develop tools that make it easier to deploy secure code and harder to ship insecure code.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to educate and assist them in mitigating vulnerabilities applicable to Nifty Gateway’s platform.
- Research and monitor emerging threats, and help engineering teams understand and address relevant attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- At least 10 years of experience in the security industry.
- Hands-on experience in multiple security disciplines such as application security, infrastructure security, and/or threat detection and response.
- Experience with building and customizing tools.
- Ability to accurately weigh security risks against business operations and goals.
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug issues, and demonstrate a methodical approach to root cause analysis.
- Experience with Python and AWS.
- Experience building and securing robust, scalable systems.
- Experience with the Django Web Framework.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.