Lead Security Engineer
- 5–7 years experience
- A high sense of ownership across all aspects of security, whether info-, app-, network-, or other-latest-hot-subspecialty
- Deep knowledge of current threats and an active engagement in keeping up with zero-day vulnerabilities
- Engagement at all levels of the software development lifecycle, from source code to configuration and secrets to unit testing and CI to monitoring to automated remediation
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative, mentor-based approach to working with dev teams to insure best practices are met
- Experience driving penetration testing, either personally or by working with external vendors
- Production experience securing cloud environments, ideally AWS and Kubernetes
- Background in microservices and REST APIs
- Understanding and knowledge of OWASP
- Risk assessment and audit experience
You’ll Get To:
- Build and execute on the vision for end-to-end security at Moda
- Research, design and apply advanced security techniques
- Automate security testing and remediation using a variety of scripting and open source tools
- Help train others on secure coding techniques and security in general
- Research new attack vectors and stay current with cybersecurity news and trends
- Perform threat modeling, static application security testing, code reviews, and secure design reviews for high risk applications
- Drive regular penetration testing and security bug fixes
- Serve as technical security/risk advisor on all new technology and system designs
- Assist developers in remediating vulnerability findings by providing line-by-line guidance
About the Engineering team
The retail space is one of the most rapidly changing industries today, and Moda stays at the forefront of those moves because of its innovative engineering team. They’re working on some of the biggest advances in tech right now: artificial intelligence, big data analysis, machine learning, and customized, innovative tools. The entire tech stack is built in-house, using the latest tools and frameworks.
Moda is a young startup with a dynamic culture, engineers at the company can have an oversized impact with their work – advancing not only Moda’s technology, but the retail industry as a whole. Engineers aren’t told how they should implement new features — Moda has created a great culture for self-driven experimentation, innovation, and fresh ideas.
About Moda Operandi
Moda Operandi brings designer fashion collections, from established and emerging designers, straight from the runway and designer showrooms to consumers through our online marketplace and “Trunk Show” model. We recently brought on a new CEO Ganesh Srivats, ex-Tesla, with experience in building top quality products and technology. He sees us as a global platform connecting creators, curators and consumers; we are redefining how luxury fashion is bought and sold in what is predicted to be a $446 billion market by 2025. We have an opportunity to rapidly scale the business globally while also investing heavily in technology, data, and customer experience to innovate on our core platform.
Backed by New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Apax Digital, Adrian Cheng|K11, LVMH, Fidelity Investments and Condé Nast, the company recently announced a $165M Series F growth investment round which it will use to fuel investments in technology and data science, expand the designer offering, continued international expansion, and increased development across several key business verticals. This will fuel our ambition to reach $1B+ in revenue by 2021.
- An Agile, Tech/Product-driven environment
- Unlimited PTO
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
- 401k matching
- Dog-friendly office