At Resy, American Express Global Dining Network, we are tackling the toughest challenges in an industry that everyone loves, hospitality, at a global scale. We hold ourselves to the highest standard in delivering elegant technology fueling exceptional experiences for both our restaurant operators and diner alike. As the Lead Software Architect, you will play a crucial role in taking our best-in-class software to the next level. You will lead a architecture team comprised of our most experienced and talented engineers to combine our existing worldwide systems into one industry leading global dining technology platform. We are seeking a dynamic engineering leader who is passionate about building a highly performant, globe spanning, scalable software solutions. In this role you must be comfortable getting into the depths our code and architecture in order to lead architecture decisions, uphold strong coding standards, and drive team execution across engineering teams working on disparate technologies and in geographies around the world.
The ideal candidate is a system design expert and a cross-functional collaborator who is able to distill diverse business needs into scalable and reliable software. You have a proven record of delivering industry leading globe spanning solutions. You thrive in building solutions that adhere to Engineering Excellence, you are a collaborator and an innovator, and you are excited about what technology is doing for the hospitality industry. This position will report to the Chief Technology Officer of Resy, American Express Global Dining Network.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 12+ years of experience working as a Software Engineer, with a proven record of designing, architecting and delivering high quality, high preforming, mission critical software solutions.
- You take pride in driving a high velocity team with laser focus on strong code quality standards, reliability, and maintainability.
- You are excited by conducting inclusive architecture design discussions and take a weighted approach when making strategic decisions.
- You are comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders outside the Engineering team including Product, Sales, Marketing, and Account Management teams. You have strong expertise with the following:
- Expert knowledge of System Design
- Expert knowledge of Microservices Architecture
- Expert knowledge of Python / Ruby / PHP
- Expert knowledge of SQL/MySQL/Postgres/Oracle
- Experience building SaaS solutions
- RDBMS and database design
- Unit/Functional Testing
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Frontend development experience
- Mobile development experience
- Dev-ops experience
- SQL Performance tuning
- AWS - EC2 / RDS / S3 / SQS
- Kafka / Celery / Flask / Django / Supervisord / MongoDB
- Jira / Clubhouse.io or other project management tool