Lead Software Engineer, Analytics at JW Player (Remote)
About JW Player:
JW Player is the leading video software and data insights platform that gives our customers independence and control in today’s Digital Video Economy. Founded over a decade ago as an open source video player, JW Player’s technology platform now powers digital video for hundreds of thousands of businesses across NA, EMEA, APAC and LATAM. Each month, there are over 1 billion viewers across 2.7 billion unique devices consuming video on JW Player’s technology.
The Engineering Team:
Our Engineering team plays a big part in the company's success through the development of innovative technologies. Engineers at JW Player are passionate about writing code and solving complex problems. Equipped with modern tech stack, our Engineers attribute to helping drive monetisation for our customers across billions of devices monthly.
Remote Work & Relocation:
JW Player Engineering is committed to offering location flexibility in relevant roles now and in the future. Candidates considered for this role may choose to work fully remote, fully office based, or somewhere in between (i.e flexible).
As Lead Software Engineer for the Analytics team at JW Player, you’ll work with the JW product team to plan the path forward on the next generation of JW Player analytics products. You'll work with cutting-edge big data tools and technology, partnering closely with data engineers and other software teams to solve critical challenges for one of the largest and fastest-growing video companies in the world.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will:
- Lead the design and architecture of data products that allow customers to analyse their data in the JW Player product as well as within leading third party Analytics products
- Coach and mentor team members to support their development and success
- Work closely with product managers, analysts, and others to gather data needed to understand various products
- Manage a team of engineers, including planning and execution of technical projects
- Partner with product teams to improve existing analytics products and develop new ones
- Develop goals for the team aligned with the priorities of the company
- Provide vision for the team’s technical and operational success
Requirements for this role:
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Great organisation skills, ability to lead multidisciplinary projects
- Highly proficient in Python or Java and SQL
- Empathy, humility and a collaborative spirit
- Experience building and maintaining an API stack
- Experience in the Business Intelligence, Web Analytics or Video Analytics space, including one or more of the following: Looker, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Stitch, Segment, FiveTran, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Coniva, Npaw, Mux Data, Mixpanel, Amplitude and Pendo
- Leading software engineering teams
- Experience with data tools like Spark, Kafka, Flink, dbt
- Familiarity with AWS - in particular, EC2, S3, RDS, and EMR
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with building data products
Perks of being at JW Player
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success!
As a full time employee, you will qualify from the first day of employment:
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Remote Working Stipends
- Quarterly and Annual Team Events - because team building is important!
- Professional Career Program and Career Development Opportunities
- Bi-Annual Hack Weeks for those who are interested in using their coding knowledge
- Fireside chats with individuals in the JW Player family
- And much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.