Lead Software Engineer - Execution Platform Team at Clear Street
At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will lead a team to deliver a next generation trade execution platform. You will help build a team of passionate and highly collaborative engineers to ship an innovative product and user experience to our clients. You will skillfully architect and design a low latency system to route and connect client orders directly to exchanges, ATS's and market centers, while expanding our Smart Order Router (SOR) and Single Dealer Platform (SDP) capabilities. As we iterate together, this execution platform will be the foundation of our execution offerings. The scope and challenges inherent in delivering this product will be massive, but you will leverage your past experiences to propel the team past known obstacles and edge cases. You will lead the team to embrace the challenges of productizing our offering by using the latest scalable cloud based technologies by designing API functionality that combine speed and consistency. As the voice of experience in the team, you will help mentor teammates, evolve our technical standards and best practices, and further our culture of system designs.
Lead Software Engineer Characteristics:
- You have 5+ years of low latency C++ experience focused on architecting, designing and implementing execution systems and components. You have deep knowledge of both the technological and business challenges associated with delivering high performance executions systems and their components (Smart Order Routing, Crossing, Market Data protocols, etc)
- You grasp product specifications and effectively map them to technical requirements. You thoughtfully and successfully collaborate with various stakeholders and incorporate these requirements into your system design and implementation.
- Your experience will help you mentor team members, define our engineering standards, and drive a system design approach to building new services.
- You perform deftly when contributing code to the sub user space (drivers, network levels, etc) with a depth of knowledge in writing multi threaded applications.
- You communicate technical ideas with ease and always look to collaborate to deliver high-quality products.
Execution Platform Team Stack: C++, Go, gRPC, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference
- A chance to lead a greenfield product and build a team.
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks