WHAT IS PRIZEOUT?
Prizeout is an advertising technology company with a three-sided marketplace that allows consumers to receive earned or allocated funds via digital gift cards. Our commercial partners offer Prizeout as a withdrawal or disbursement method, while brands can digitally advertise and acquire new customers through Prizeout ad campaigns.
Do you love doing something that has never been done before, even if it is not easy? Do you strive to master what you do? Do you think about data before making decisions and often find yourself asking your teammates to glance at something before you send it out? Do you love trivia or corn hole games? If you answered yes to most of these questions, then Prizeout may be the place for you. We have built a team that that thrives in fast-changing environment and that always aims for the best solution. We cross the finish line together and enjoy the ride at each step of the way.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
As a Lead Software Engineer at Prizeout, you will work cross functionally to deliver great products. This will include working on both front end and back end code and with front end and back end engineers. You will work on architecting solutions that will work for us today and that scale with us in the future. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with a team, enjoy using their experience to find the right solution for us, and enjoy helping others deliver code up to our standards.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Architect systems and contribute to the code base by writing and reviewing software
- Identify potential areas of improvement in existing systems and make suggestions for improvements
- Ensure consistent collaboration across the tech team to clear roadblocks and ensure systems are built quickly
- Develop a clear understanding of the product roadmap and current capabilities
- Contribute to the team’s consistent, measurable velocity
- Mentor team members and establish, encourage, and promote best engineering practices
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years of development experience, ideally in a microservice architecture
- Experience working with distributed systems in a cloud computing environment
- Familiarity with client JS frameworks, like Node.js and React
- Relational database experience including schema design and best practices
- Experience writing and maintaining a full-suite of unit tests
- Passion for coding is a must and desire to manage a team is a plus
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
- Team player and a self-starter with strong communication skills and a get-it-done approach
- Must be willing to work full-time in NYC; this is not a remote role
Read Full Job Description