Lead Software Engineer
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2018, BLACE operates a rapidly growing marketplace that is changing the landscape of events and event space in New York City. Pulling from an exclusive catalog of luxury spaces and its extensive network of preferred vendors, BLACE has created a marketplace that matches property-owners, vendor services, and clients to produce memorable events and activations. The BLACE value proposition seeks to remove the often-frustrating, manual processes of coordination and replace it with an intuitive, streamlined path for bringing your event to life. To do this, BLACE is building a digital platform to centralize the entire planning experience. BLACE is seeking bright, tenacious new employees to join its team and improve its digital offering. Check us out at https://www.blace.com.
BLACE is a startup, so the days will be intense but rewarding. We're adamant that our team has a healthy balance of time away from work, but when we're in the office, we're working hard. You will work closely with every person in the company, and you and your work will directly impact the company's success. On all technical matters, you will have direct input with the founding team. As one of our first engineers, you will collaborate with our product team to plan short-term goals, and then you will have broad discretion on implementation details. You'll use Github for source control, a lightweight adoption of JIRA for bug tracking, and weekly sync meetings to develop specs and keep schedules up-to-date.
- Keep an eye on long-term goals while advancing BLACE’s site for both internal and external use.
- Analyze business requirements and generate technical approaches.
- Collaborate with Product team to prioritize backlog for phase 1 and 2 of new release.
- Perform due diligence on various methods for solving problems; articulate the trade-offs for all approaches.
- Implement solutions across a wide range of areas, including: infrastructure, data storage, deployment, and the full web application
- Integrate with our kind, welcoming, and brilliant team!
- 3-5 years experience in web programming
- Familiarity with fundamentals of backend, frontend, and infrastructure concerns
- Familiarity working in multiple environments and configuring deployment processes among them
- Previous experience with booking engines, online marketplace and multi-calendars a plus!
- Experience working in Linux environments and familiarity with basic system administration skills
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS
- Experience using Docker for development and/or deployment
- We are looking for experience building a complex product from scratch, preferably a platform with multiple integration points
- Experience building systems that handle user-generated content
- Excellent communication skills