Library Software Engineer - Ruby (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We build highly scalable systems that process trillions of data points every day to provide real time alerts, visualizations, log aggregations, and application traces for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The APM Team at Datadog provides mission critical application health and performance monitoring for customers of all sizes and industries. We’re taking a new approach to APM with distributed tracing and seamless integration with Datadog’s Infrastructure and Logs products.
We are looking for an expert Ruby engineer experienced with Ruby language internals who can help push our tracing tools to the next level. Come and join us to build amazing open source software!
- Write code that instruments thousands of Ruby applications around the world.
- You’ll help drive our open source Ruby projects and engage with the community to find and address the most important challenges.
- Join a great team building software the right way
- You’re a master Ruby programmer. You think in blocks, faced the GIL limitations many times and you know there is more to Ruby than Rails. You’ve written piles of clean, correct, well-tested, performant, idiomatic Ruby code.
- You are a great community ambassador and can drive hard technical conversations towards a good solution.
- You have solid experience with widely used frameworks and libraries like Rails, Sinatra, Grape, Sidekiq or ActiveRecord.
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment.
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a STEM field or equivalent experience.
- You have experience with JRuby and how it works in the JVM.
- You’ve played with eventmachine.
- You have experience with code telemetry and introspection.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.