Linux Operations Specialist
The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
We are looking for a Linux Operations Specialist to join our Yext Infrastructure team. Here you will operate and maintain our production and development infrastructure and core applications, support our customers and broader Engineering teams to deliver the highest quality of service, and gain exposure to new cutting edge technologies in our Hybrid Iron and Cloud environment.
Technologies You’ll Use
- AWS, Azure and GCP
- ELK Stack
- Graphite, Prometheus and Grafana
- Deploy development and production systems within established SLAs
- Perform operational tasks such as system updates and software upgrades
- Create and maintain metrics, dashboards and alerts
- Provide first-level support, and act as primary escalation point for technical issues
- Manage incidents, conduct root-cause analyses, and author post-mortems
- Participate in 24x7 on call rotation
- Bachelor’s degree, similar college level education, or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of professional experience operating in a Linux environment
- Working knowledge using Git
- In-depth knowledge of computers and networking technology
- Previous experience in a technology role (preferably a SaaS environment)
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic knowledge of secure computing practices
- Ability to safely lift and carry up to fifty pounds
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.