Linux Software Engineer
Catchpoint is looking for a Linux Software Engineer to join our monitoring agent development team. Our agent software makes automated transactions over various protocols and various browsers to collect performance metrics which are sent and analyzed by our backend analytics platform.
The team operates as an R&D department which researches various protocols, browsers, clients, and Operating Systems with the goal to automate, monitor, and measure metrics that map browser or client activities to the end user experience. This role will deal with expanding our capabilities to the Linux world.
The team is a true cross-platform team, developing software in Windows, Linux, MacOS, and others, so you should be willing to dig deep into things that you haven’t seen before.
- 3-5 years of Post-Academic development experience
- Comfort with both Operating Systems (C) development, and Object Oriented application development (Java/C#/C++, etc).
- 2+ years experience developing for a Unix-like operating system preferably: RedHat, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu
- Knowledge of Internet/Web related protocols
- Experience with administering and debugging Linux
- Cross-platform software technologies such as Mono and .NET Core.
- Windows application development using Visual Studio .NET
- Unit/Functional testing
- Experience with packet capture technologies (Wireshark)
- Writing client/server applications
- Linux kernel development
- Object Oriented architecture and design (UML)
- Detail oriented with great organization skills
- Willingness to learn and utilize new technologies
- Willingness to dig deeper to understand infrastructure/code/business
- Robust troubleshooting and analytical skills
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related major