RubyApps is reinventing the way brands engage with their customers by providing a more personalized, data-driven, relevant, and holistic content experience. We envision a future when creators, editors, and publishers can work more collaboratively and seamlessly across the content lifecycle, while delivering richer, resonant, and more consistent content to their consumers.
Our services division, RubensteinTech, is seeking an experienced developer excited by our goal of infrastructure as code to work closely with our product and development teams to maintain and extend our open-source Linux private cloud infrastructure while continuing our organizational shift to a true DevOps culture. You will have the opportunity to grow your Dev and Ops skills, working alongside leaders in the web development and Linux.
How do you stay on the edge of technology for 17 years? You constantly reinvent yourself. This position requires a true leader with the ability to demonstrate exceptional Linux and systems expertise, collaborate closely with our completely on-shore, New York-based, engineering team, and continue to keep our software and delivery model on the cutting edge. You will have a hands-on role in the continued evolution and deployment of our software systems and operations.
In this role, you will manage and enhance our sophisticated web application development and production hosting infrastructure, systems engineering work at the core of delivering exceptional user experiences for web and mobile users. On a daily basis, you'll be working with:
- CentOS, Ansible, Apache, and HAproxy
- Containers and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- CI/CD processes and systems
- Open Source SQL databases, such as PostgreSQL and MySQL/MariaDB
- NoSQL databases, such as Couchbase and MongoDB
- Clustered search solutions, such as Elasticsearch and Solr
- On-premise Virtualization Infrastructure, such as OpenStack/KVM/etc.
- Cloud infrastructure, including AWS, EC2, S3, and others
- Minimum of 2 years of real DevOps experience
- Experience with infrastructure automation, such as Ansible
- Experience working in a small team environment, where team members wear many hats and pitch in together to get the job done
- Extensive knowledge of web hosting technologies and related systems
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in a DevOps environment with automated build and deployment systems
- Experience monitoring complex, multi-datacenter infrastructure via Nagios and related monitoring solutions
- Experience managing enterprise-class, multi-tenant web hosting infrastructure
- Web application deployment experience using tools such as Git, GitLab, and Jenkins
- Working knowledge of Bash, Perl, and related scripting languages
- A drive for ensuring high-performance websites via a sophisticated, modern hosting infrastructure
We fully recognize that our employees are the key to our long-term success. To that end, we offer a full benefits package including health insurance, a retirement savings plan, and pre-tax deduction for commuting expenses.
While Overachievement is one of our core values, we believe that employees should also appropriately find balance and be given time to rest and recharge. Beyond vacation time, which is allocated based on tenure and position, we observe eleven (11) company holidays, including one week off before the year’s end.
If you ask our team members, though, what their favorite benefit is, many would say: Free lunch!
RubyApps is a content lifecycle management platform that makes it easy to create, manage, deliver, and analyze content.
RubyApps is based in New York, and is comprised of 35 outstanding software engineers, strategists, marketers, relationship specialists, and technical support professionals. We do not outsource or off-shore development or support services, and we are led and inspired by our mantra, Awesome Every Day, which rallies our internal culture and guides our commitment to excellence.
This is not a remote position. Candidates should have access to transportation to the RubyApps/RubensteinTech office located in downtown New York City. This position does not provide relocation assistance. Candidates must be able to legally work in the United States without RubyApps/RubensteinTech sponsorship.
RubyApps/RubensteinTech is an equal employment opportunity employer.