Manager, Cloud Security Engineer
We're looking for a Cloud Security Engineer to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the security team to focus on building cloud security measures, integrating new and support existing security applications, managing container security, defining a security culture, and advocating for security processes around CI/CD pipelines (like Jenkins, Ansible and Terraform). We are always looking for new ideas and trying to make sure the best ideas rise to the top of the heap. We focus on results; we are often architects, designers and engineers, not just advisors. In addition, you'll also:
- Stop threats from cracking our infrastructure to get our data.
- Build incredible platforms to prevent and detect attacks and stop them in their tracks.
- Build the technology we really need to have a secure infrastructure.
- Keep up on the latest research and make sure the organization responds quickly.
- Evangelize security in the company. We care, show us how to do it better!
Who You Are
You're someone who’s curious about how things work and what happens if you try to operate outside the defined constraints; you’re passionate about identifying issues and working with the appropriate stakeholders to solve them. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a strong foundation in and in-depth technical knowledge of security engineering, computer and network security, authentication, and security protocols
- You are fully familiar with master network-based and system-level attacks and mitigation methods as well as good working knowledge in web application security
- You are able to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced and changing environment; self motivated and results oriented
- You have strong cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.) knowledge, ideally AWS.
- You have strong infrastructure as code experience and orchestration (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, etc.)
- You have strong scripting experience (Python, Bash, Go, etc.)
- You have strong knowledge of threats and how they operate
- You have moderate networking and operating system internals knowledge
- You are familiar with firewall security features and policies such as Palo Alto Wildfire, Threat Prevention, Global Protect, etc.
- You have at least 2+ years of security related experience
- You have excellent interpersonal communication skills
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.