About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
More About the Role
We’re looking for a seasoned Engineering Manager to lead and grow this critical team. The team is responsible for critical components of the Grubhub System such as our Operating System (Ubuntu) builds, automation to manage ten thousand (plus) hosts, DNS, TLS, and cloud networking. The Manager will need to be hands-on technical in these challenging areas while growing the engineers on the team.
The Impact You Will Make
- Building a new system to manage critical agents across our fleet of Linux hosts
- Designing a new automated process for building, testing and deploying linux machine images
- Working with our SRE and Corporate IT team on building a solution for secure access to cloud resources
- Building a solution for consolidating management of DNS providers and registrars
- Work closely with our Security Engineering Team to build a system to rollout and manage security tools and best practices
- Manage, build, and improve observability solutions, including Splunk
What You Bring to the Table
- 8+ years in a technical role as a DevOps Engineer, SRE, Infrastructure Engineer or similar
- 3+ years experience as a manager
- Experience with configuration management systems
- Experience writing automation code in Python, Ruby or a similar language
- Experience supporting high volume production systems
- Linux system internals knowledge, networking fundamentals and AWS experience
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.