Manager, Developer Support at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, Berlin, Bangalore and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.We want people who are passionate about fine-tuning the performance and accelerating the personal development of their team members.
We are looking for a passionate Manager to lead our 2nd shift team remotely (1pm-9pm PST). Reporting to the Senior Manager of Support, this person will have strong opinions about the direction and performance of the team, demonstrate a deep understanding of DO (customers, policies, and procedures), desire to help others reach their full potential, and feel responsible for the efforts of their team. They will yearn to invest their skills, energy, and focus on developing and maintaining a shift that is founded on authenticity, love, transparency, efficiency, accountability, collaboration, empowerment, and fun!What You’ll Be Doing:
- Discuss trends, issues, and strategy with leadership, and implement resultant changes
- Place the customer experience at the forefront of their work
- Manage & triage the queue to reduce wait times & optimize the customer experience
- Coordinate appropriate coverage for Developer Support duties and alert leadership to conflicts and gaps
- Act as first-point-of-contact for escalations to leadership
- Ensure escalations are routed, prioritized, alerted, and resolved properly
- Report to leadership regarding the daily & monthly performance of team members
- Provide weekly feedback to direct reports on productivity & QA
- Understand the obstacles, setbacks, triumphs, & motivations of vertical team members
- Own handoffs between teams on both an individual & leadership level
- Advocate for the perspective of direct reports in their vertical to leadership
- Advocate for the perspective of leadership to their direct reports
- Ability to motivate team members to reach their potential
- Working knowledge of Linux filesystems (Ext4, XFS) and experience supporting local, block, and object storage products
- Strong sense of customer advocacy and the ability to advocate on behalf of internal and external customers, with a goal of providing an unparalleled customer experience
- Ability to find the answer, even if you don’t know it (JIRA, escalation, outreach to other teams, etc)
- Ability to accomplish the tasks that are asked of ICs in the vertical
- Effective delegation of tasks, roles, and project work
- Ability to take de-escalated complex and difficult escalations
- A reputation for holding team members to a high-performance standard
- Solid analytical skills & the ability to work with metrics, numbers, & trends
- Ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to transition between hands-on & tactical to complex & strategic work with ease
- Experience troubleshooting common Linux issues (CentOS, Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian), application stacks (LAMP, LEMP) and applications (WordPress, Ghost)
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Customer Support team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!