Manager, Engineering (Frontend)
About the Role
We’re looking for a strong manager who has deep experience building frontend systems at scale. This person will help up-level the frontend team and champion sound product engineering practices across the organization. They should have a track record of delivering a quality product hand-in-hand with Design and Product Managers across multiple projects. This person will have the opportunity to define how Frontend Engineers collaborate with Product teams to maintain and improve the tools and infrastructure they use.
We’ve built a strong frontend engineering team to date, but have a lot of work ahead of us, including:
- Migrating to a modern frontend code base using the React ecosystem while building out new product features and re-architecting the frontend codebase
- Working closely with the design team to unify the UI/UX across Namely products
- Developing common React components as a part of the Namely Design System that will be used across Namely products
- Leveling up the frontend platform while building out product features, including adding more layers of testing such as screenshot and end to end testing, alerting, and performance improvements
Help us scale our business to meet the needs of our growing customer base and develop new products on the Namely platform. You'll be a critical part of our growing company, working on a cross-functional team to implement best practices in technology, architecture, and process. You’ll have the chance to work in an open and collaborative environment, receive hands-on mentorship and have ample opportunities to grow and accelerate your career.
- Strong opinions about quality frontend engineering practices using React.
- Experience with build systems using webpack at scale.
- Experience with RUM and metrics-driven optimization techniques.
- Experience with (and opinions about) structuring frontend teams in a centralized and embedded model.
Nice to Haves
- Experience building frontends against microservices
- Experience moving from REST to GraphQL
- Frontend data management (we use Redux)
- Server Rendering
- Strong ideas about developer experience and efficiency
Namely’s mission is to help mid-sized companies build a better workplace. We’re an HR, payroll, and benefits platform that provides the technology, data, and support that HR professionals need and employees love to use. People are at the center of everything we do, and we believe every company and employee deserves a great workplace, supported by innovative HR technology. At Namely, we are problem solvers, self-starters, and obsessed with creating the best experience for our clients.
Namely was founded in 2012 to create an HR platform as intuitive as social media, but powerful enough to support the complexity of today’s workforce. Our belief is that great companies are built on a great employee experience, which is why we created the first HR platform employees love to use. In fact, unlike most traditional HR software, 78% of our clients’ employees log in to Namely at least once per month! Namely is backed by some amazing VCs including Sequoia, and serves companies in just about every industry and state nationwide. We love mid-sized companies because they’re mission-driven, client-obsessed, and care deeply about their employees... just like us. We believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career, and we’re just getting started.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.