We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Identity team develops a platform for high throughput, low latency authentication and authorization for Datadog users. The team manages identity for large customers across multiple datacenters handling hundreds of thousands of requests per second while assuring fine grained access control across a complex web of resources.
We are looking for a manager that can take on a distributed, high-scale, complex problem area on a quickly growing team. We want to build the best platform for other teams to leverage while providing a secure and simple experience for our customers to manage access to their data.
As an Engineering Manager you will help scale and guide 2-3 teams of talented engineers while being hands on designing and architecting the identity platform. You will take ownership of multiple products to ensure they meet the needs today and in the future. The systems you will own are mission critical to the successful and secure functioning of all of Datadog's products. The decisions you make will have a significant impact on Datadog’s customers' trust in our products.
- Manage and grow 2-3 managers and their teams
- Help scale the organization to tackle the large scope involved in Identity & Auth
- Support engineers in their day-to-day work
- Guide the development of secure and high-throughput authentication mechanisms
- Help evolve a complex role-based access management schema requiring low latency
- Collaborate actively with other teams in a globally distributed organization
- You have significant experience managing and leading one or multiple teams of software engineers
- You enjoy scaling teams
- You have experience leading complex projects from start to finish
- You have experience working with other teams to deliver projects
- You have significant experience with distributed systems
- You have experience with best practices around Authorization and Access Management
- You have managed and / or coached other managers of software engineers
- You have significant experience with Go or Python
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.