Manager, Engineering at Namely
Namely’s mission is to help mid-sized companies build a better workplace. We’re an HR, payroll, and benefits platform that provides the technology, data, and support that HR professionals need and employees love to use. People are at the center of everything we do, and we believe every company and employee deserves a great workplace, supported by innovative HR technology. At Namely, we are problem solvers, self-starters, and obsessed with creating the best experience for our clients.
Do you love leading a team of software developers, acting as a mentor and encouraging their careers? Does the opportunity to balance managing a team while also contributing your own code sound like your kind of challenge? Can you lead collaboration both within your team and cross functionally with other engineering and technology teams?
Namely is looking for a Manager of Software Engineering to lead a team within our Engineering organization. As a Manager of Software Engineering, you will partner with the leaders in Engineering and Product to deliver and ensure the best possible experience for both internal and external customers. You will be driving the best practices and standards for software development at Namely.
- Lead, support, and guide feature team engineers in software engineering and career-development.
- Interview, hire and grow the team as needed.
- Contribute to the team’s code base as an IC writing code, architecting solutions and participating in code reviews.
- Participate, facilitate and assist product owners and software engineers in all agile ceremonies and processes.
- A minimum of 1 year of applicable experience in leading and managing a group of engineers.
- Experience building, shipping and maintaining web apps that are reliable, testable and maintainable.
- The ability to attract, interview, develop and retain top talent.
- Strong analytical and technical skills to identify critical and impactful issues, escalate them and drive them to resolution.
- BS or BA or equivalent experience.
Nice to Have
- Fluency in one or more server-side programming languages (preferably C#, Ruby, or Go)
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with .Net Core
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.