Manager, Enterprise Security at WeWork Technology
The We Company is an organization committed towards helping people around the world make a life, and not just a living. We accomplish this through the thoughtful design of our spaces and technology.
We build and maintain a wide range of technology to support our mission. Infrastructure powers our buildings, applications, services and most importantly our members.The Infrastructure Security team is the nervous system that allows The We Company to operate while protecting assets and reducing risk, delivering transparent and innovative information security solutions.
About the Role:
The Manager, Enterprise Security will be responsible for securing and hardening The We Company’s infrastructure including but not limited to systems, SaaS, endpoints, IAM and IoT devices. The Manager will work closely with Technology, Product and Engineering teams to insure the security of our systems and infrastructure. The ideal candidate with be tenacious, vendor agnostic and familiar with large internal networks. Additionally, you will lead security reviews of systems and infrastructure, research and test new technologies while participating in the buildout and management of a secure network. You will also manage and track our teams operational and project workload, prioritizing tasks to align with business goals.
- Manage infrastructure/systems team and work with other technical teams within WeWork
- OS and System Hardening, OS Version Control and Baselining
- Conduct short- and long-term system architecture and planning to meet current and expanding business requirements
- Upgrade, Design and implement both Cloud and on-prem systems, servers and controls.
- Administration and configuration of Cloud SPs, Active Directory, GSuite, Okta, and other SaaS solutions
- Own and build support infrastructure that can globally scale for employees and functions
- Analyze system activity and potential issues to discover and prevent systematic errors
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve network, server, and system problems
- Research, analyze, and recommend the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify any infrastructure deficiencies or to enhance technology performance
- Work with technology teams to provide support and troubleshooting for system and applications
- Run patch and configuration management using MDM and open source tools.
- Evaluate services and hardware provided by vendors and VARs, recommend changes, and assist with contract and purchasing negotiations
- Manage and deploy monitoring and management tools such as Splunk, SolarWinds, LogicMonitor, Nagios, WSUS, SCCM, Airwatch, JAMF
- Document procedures and establish SLAs on critical infrastructure with the ability to monitor
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5 years of experience as network or system engineering
- Ability to identify & propose solutions that improve security capabilities & drive operational efficiencies
- Proficient in network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTPS, SSH, TLS, DNS, 802.1X, SAML2.0, SCIM, OAuth, U2F
- Proficient in firewalls, routers, proxies, load balancers, and UNIX-based systems
- Proficient in security concepts and technologies such as IPS, VPNs, D/DoS
- Working knowledge of common web architectures and related security risks
- Working knowledge of large scale networks including architecture and security risks
- Working knowledge of Windows based operating systems
- Working knowledge of MacOS
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (python preferred)
- Working knowledge of Cloud Service Providers
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high-pressure environment.
- Ability to write technical specifications and operational documentation
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related field and/or 5+ years of equivalent work experience required
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting & interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Effective communication skills to translate technical risks and exposures to a business perspective