The Manager, Industrial Engineering will drive development and execution of Peloton’s Global Industrial Engineering strategy. The successful candidate will lead a team of engineers in research, development, and benchmarking of world-class industrial engineering practices. They will define Industrial Engineering requirements, perform detailed analysis (process simulations, material flow, cost, capacity, manpower), manage project timelines, launch, production and continuous improvement activities.
- Lead a team of Peloton Industrial engineers in a fast-paced environment, establishing a standard of excellence
- Hire, manage, coach, and develop team members; execute performance feedback reviews and goal setting/KPI exercises, and career development
- Lead development of global industrial engineering strategy, road mapping, metrics and KPI’s
- Drive industrial engineering departmental goals of standard work, specifications, cost savings, sustainability, and flawless project execution
- Lead industrial engineering innovation and new technology discovery explorations. Understand industry trends, methods, and tools to advance Peloton’s industrial engineering capabilities
- Identify, qualify, develop strategic partnerships; identifying key vendors and building technical relationships, ensuring expectation are clear, processes are robust, repeatable, and controlled
- Drive project timelines, budgets, and communication within a cross-functional organization
- Lead supplier benchmarking and scorecard activity to ensure Peloton partners with best-in-class suppliers
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, providing leadership and expertise in industrial engineering
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership
- Travel requirement: Domestic and international travel at least 30% of the time, or as needed by the business
- BS in an Engineering discipline desired (Mechanical, Industrial); Advanced degree a plus
- 10+ years Industrial Engineering experience in a hands-on, fast paced, engineering & manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of experience in a people management role
- History of success of building high-performing teams; Excellent communication skills, motivator, team builder
- Extensive experience in Greenfield/Brownfield plant layout, material flow, equipment installs & startup, production ramp
- Experience working with global OEM’s & vendors in NA, Europe, and Asia
- Experience with MES, MRP, ERP systems is a plus; SAP preferred
- Experience in using CAD/CAM (SolidWorks preferred), AutoCAD, ProE
- Extensive experience with simulation modeling software (e.g., FlexSim), data visualization software (Tableau), etc.
- Expert-level Excel user
- Knowledge of precision assembly (FATP), CNC machining, welding, and finishing techniques
- Experience manufacturing highly cosmetic, consumer-facing products manufacturing a plus
- Problem solving and corrective action skills: A3, DOE, ATS, 8D, RedX, DMAIC, Kaizen, etc.
- Knowledge and application of global standards; OSHA, NFPA, IEC, Ergonomics, ISO, UL, ASTM, ISO, DIN, JIS, ANSI, etc.
- Experience in manufacturing, supply chain, distribution, and logistics
- Strong project management skill set: LSSGB/BB, SCRUM, PMP certification a plus
- Microsoft Office applications, Arena, Jira, Confluence, etc., PowerPoint
- Experience leading large manufacturing capital projects
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.