Manager, Infrastructure Security at WeWork Technology
The We Company is an organization committed towards helping people around the world make a life, and not just a living. We accomplish this through the thoughtful design of our spaces and technology.
We build and maintain a wide range of technology to support our mission. Infrastructure powers our buildings, applications, services and most importantly our members.The Infrastructure Security team is the nervous system that allows The We Company to operate while protecting assets and reducing risk, delivering transparent and innovative information security solutions.
About the Role
The Manger, Infrastructure Security will be responsible for securing and hardening The We Company’s infrastructure including but not limited to systems, networks, endpoints and IoT devices. The engineer will work closely with Building Technology, Product and Engineering teams to insure the security of our infrastructure. The ideal candidate with be tenacious, vendor agnostic and familiar with large internal networks. Additionally, you will lead security reviews of infrastructure, research and test new technologies while participating in the buildout and management of a secure network.
- Manage and define the strategic plan of infrastructure security in support for our employees, members, and enterprise customers
- Lead and manage a team of security engineers
- Lead and manage alongside Information Security Program management to establish the process and procedures to:
- Perform threat models for their infrastructure designs and features
- Validate and triage vulnerabilities submitted by internal or external penetration testing
- Work with the larger security team to manage third-party audits and network penetration tests
- Maintain an audit and review process of firewall and VPN policies to certify building technology globally
- Ensure all network infrastructure are being monitored and logged for security operations team
- Work with the larger security team to manage third-party audits and application penetration tests
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5 years of experience as network/system security engineering
- Ability to identify & propose solutions that improve security capabilities & drive operational efficiencies
- Proficient in network protocols like TCP/IP, HTTPS, SSH, TLS, DNS, SNMP, 802.1X
- Proficient in firewalls, routers, proxies, load balancers, and UNIX-based systems
- Proficient in security concepts and technologies such as IPS, VPNs, D/DoS
- Working knowledge of common web architectures and related security risks
- Working knowledge of large scale networks including architecture and security risks
- Working knowledge of Windows based operating systems
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (python preferred)
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a face paced and high-pressure environment.
- Ability to write technical specifications and operational documentation
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related field and/or 5+ years of equivalent work experience required
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting & interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Effective communication skills to translate technical risks and exposures to a business perspective