Manager, Manufacturing Process Systems (MES) at Peloton
The Manager, Manufacturing Process Systems (MES) will lead a global team of manufacturing system engineers, providing day-to-day, hands-on manufacturing system leadership, development, execution, and support in conjunction with internal engineering teams and manufacturing partners to ensure that manufacturing systems and processes are robust, repeatable and controlled. The Manufacturing Process Systems Manager (MES) will lead a team of engineers who will gather technical/customer requirements, research, design, develop, and support global manufacturing activities, recommend system & processes improvements, and create/manage project timelines. Manufacturing systems will include MES, and indirect ERP, MRP, QMS support.
This position is primarily located in Manhattan, New York. Candidate must be willing to travel 30% or more as needed by the business.
- Lead a team of Peloton manufacturing execution system engineers in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, establishing a standard of excellence
- Hire, manage, coach, and develop team members; Lead employees through performance feedback reviews and goal setting/KPI exercises, training, and career development
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams (IT/Systems/QC/MFG) to ensure robust manufacturing systems strategies, providing expertise in manufacturing execution system development and execution
- Own the scope, implementation, and tracking of manufacturing execution systems projects
- Development of manufacturing execution system strategy, road mapping, and KPI’s; Collaboration with global IT and systems teams
- Support the configuration, administration, maintenance, and UAT/SAT activities of manufacturing execution systems
- Set goals, track deliverables, manage expectations, identify risk, and drive mitigations across all stages MES projects
- Lead development and validation of manufacturing execution systems that meet defined requirements
- Author, approve manufacturing execution systems SOP/WI’s for operating necessary equipment
- Lead as 1st level support (troubleshooting, internal & vendor interface) for manufacturing sites
- Build and lead an engineering team capable of 24-hour onsite or remote MES support
- Capture, analyze, real-time manufacturing data and metrics; Ensuring accurate manufacturing KPI dashboard data
- Research and recommend latest innovation in manufacturing execution systems, IIoT, and Industry 4.0 technology
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership
- BS in an Engineering discipline; Electrical, Computer Science, IT; MS/MBA a plus
- 10+ years of hands-on, manufacturing execution systems (MES) development and implementation; MES SME
- 5+ years of experience in direct team leadership role; budgeting, hiring, coaching, developing, and mentoring
- History of success with building high-performing engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills, motivator, team builder
- Knowledge of state of the art MES tools and MES process; SAP preferred
- Extensive experience in developing or integrating manufacturing systems (ERP, MES, MRP, etc.)
- Experience in manufacturing systems strategy and planning (Industry 4.0)
- Experience working in a high speed, open and global manufacturing environment
- Extensive SAP experience required, SAP certification a plus
- Knowledge of Networking, OPC Servers, MS SQL Server, Sandbox testing, EIP, TCP/IP, Citrix Server, Visual Basic, etc.
- Strong project management skill set: LSSGB/BB, SCRUM, PMP certification a plus
- Extensive background in high-volume manufacturing execution systems development preferred
- Execution of large manufacturing capital projects ($3M+)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Jira, Confluence
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.