Peloton is seeking a Manager, Packaging Engineering to lead a global team of package engineers. They will provide day-to-day package engineering leadership, development, execution, and support. The Manager, PE will collaborate with internal cross-functional teams and external manufacturing partners to gather technical/customer requirements, research, design, develop package engineering requirements, ensuring package engineering processes, specs, and standards are robust, repeatable, and controlled.
- Lead a team of Peloton packaging engineers in a fast-paced environment, establishing a standard of excellence, for NPI and product sustaining activities
- Hire, manage, coach, and develop team members; Lead employees through performance feedback reviews and goal setting/KPI exercises, training, and career development
- Develop package engineering strategy, road mapping, and KPI’s
- Drive packaging departmental goals of standard work, cost savings, sustainability, and flawless project execution
- Lead vendor technical relationships through NPI, sustaining, and improvement activities
- Drive package engineering project timelines, budgets, and communication within a matrix organization
- Collaborate on supplier scorecards to ensure Peloton partners with best-in-class suppliers
- Lead packaging innovation and new technology discovery explorations
- Ability to work to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership
- Must be willing to travel 20% or more (domestic/international), as needed by the business.
- BS in Package Engineering or similar; Advanced degree, packaging certification a plus
- 10+ years of package engineering development and project execution
- 5+ years of experience in packaging leadership role; hiring, coaching, and mentoring
- History of success of building high-performing teams
- Excellent communication skills, motivator, team builder
- Expertise in package specifications & testing; Internal, 3rd party, ISTA, ASTM, etc.
- Expertise in developing/managing NPI stage gate process, packaging standards, specs, etc.
- Full life-cycle packaging experience (R&D, NPI, Production, recovery, recycle, sustainability)
- Experience working with global vendors in NA, Europe, and Asia
- Extensive background in global, high-volume hardware manufacturing
- Experience in packaging of high cosmetics, consumer-facing product preferred
- Expert-level user of CAD (ArtiosCAD, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, TOPS)
- Experience in supplier selection/qualification, RFI, RFP, RFQ, and PO processes
- Strong project management skill set: LSSGB/BB, SCRUM, PMP certification a plus
- Working knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Office applications, Jira, Arena, Confluence
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.