Peloton is seeking a Manager, Packaging Engineering to lead a global team of package engineers. They will provide day-to-day package engineering leadership, development, execution, and support. The Manager, PE will collaborate with internal cross-functional teams and external manufacturing partners to gather technical/customer requirements, research, design, develop package engineering requirements, ensuring package engineering processes, specs, and standards are robust, repeatable, and controlled.
- Lead a team of Peloton packaging engineers in a fast-paced environment, establishing a standard of excellence, for NPI and product sustaining activities
- Hire, manage, coach, and develop team members; Lead employees through performance feedback reviews and goal setting/KPI exercises, training, and career development
- Develop package engineering strategy, road mapping, and KPI’s
- Drive packaging departmental goals of standard work, cost savings, sustainability, and flawless project execution
- Lead vendor technical relationships through NPI, sustaining, and improvement activities
- Drive package engineering project timelines, budgets, and communication within a matrix organization
- Collaborate on supplier scorecards to ensure Peloton partners with best-in-class suppliers
- Lead packaging innovation and new technology discovery explorations
- Ability to work to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership
- Must be willing to travel 20% or more (domestic/international), as needed by the business.
- BS in Package Engineering or similar; Advanced degree, packaging certification a plus
- 10+ years of package engineering development and project execution
- 5+ years of experience in packaging leadership role; hiring, coaching, and mentoring
- History of success of building high-performing teams
- Excellent communication skills, motivator, team builder
- Expertise in package specifications & testing; Internal, 3rd party, ISTA, ASTM, etc.
- Expertise in developing/managing NPI stage gate process, packaging standards, specs, etc.
- Full life-cycle packaging experience (R&D, NPI, Production, recovery, recycle, sustainability)
- Experience working with global vendors in NA, Europe, and Asia
- Extensive background in global, high-volume hardware manufacturing
- Experience in packaging of high cosmetics, consumer-facing product preferred
- Expert-level user of CAD (ArtiosCAD, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, TOPS)
- Experience in supplier selection/qualification, RFI, RFP, RFQ, and PO processes
- Strong project management skill set: LSSGB/BB, SCRUM, PMP certification a plus
- Working knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Office applications, Jira, Arena, Confluence
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.