Manager, Security Engineering - Product Detection at Datadog
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Product Detection Engineering team at Datadog develops impactful threat detection content for Datadog’s portfolio of Cloud Security products. As part of the Security Research organization, you will join a diverse team of hackers and builders who launch impactful security products and research via cross-company collaboration, partnerships with the security community and open source initiatives.
We are looking for a Detection Engineering Manager to build and lead the Detection Engineering team at Datadog. This team focuses heavily on leveraging detailed observability data coupled with detection and threat hunting to protect Datadog customers. The focus of this team is across 4 security products: Cloud SIEM, Cloud Workload Security, Cloud Security Posture Management and Application Security.
You’ll join at an ideal time to make a big impact, the product is seeing very high growth, with many new features to build as well as a need for scaling up dramatically. You’ll be involved in every step of the process—defining organization, strategy, and executing while hiring world-class detection engineers.
- Develop and lead a team of talented security practitioners who are responsible for building impactful detection mechanisms across hundreds of sources within our 4 products
- Partner with Datadog’s Product Management team to create, prioritize and provide feedback on a backlog of work for the team
- Develop strategic roadmaps and participate in planning sessions to make our security products better than they are today
- Design and implement methodologies to create and improve our detection rulesets. Identify areas of improvement and remove blockers from the Detection Engineering team
- Drive discussions with the CISO, VP of Security Products, and Director of Security Research for areas of research and development
- Evangelize your team’s mission and regularly communicate with teams outside of your organizational structure
- A proven leader with experience in building out security engineering, detection engineer or security research teams
- An expert in information security, especially in any of the following areas: cloud security, detection engineering, SIEM, and security research
- Motivating, kind and humble people leader who focuses on growth and happiness for your team. You have the ability to grow talent by providing a proper mentorship and performance management environment while prioritizing empathy
- Excited to focus on building a diverse and inclusive organization
- Understanding of the value of driving efficiencies through automation, orchestration, and partnerships with external teams
- You have demonstrated experience in talking to customers and designing solutions that meet their needs
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- You value correctness and efficiency; you leave no stone unturned when reviewing documentation
- Proven experience leading geographically distributed teams
- Are passionate about building products that make a meaningful impact on customer’s security posture
- You are confident representing your ideas and opinions in a manner that can be challenged and respond to feedback well
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.