Manager, Site Reliability Engineering
The TechOps organization strives to accelerate Flatiron’s mission to improve cancer care and learn from patient experiences by ensuring that our technical infrastructure and staff maintain the highest levels of reliability, performance, and agility. Our SRE teams are a key part of this mission as they simplify the usage of our cloud infrastructure and provide best practice guidance on reliability to our engineering teams. As the manager for one of our SRE teams you will have a key role in scaling the backbone of our technology infrastructure and empowering our development teams to use it seamlessly.
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of systems that Oncologists across the US will use to manage patient treatments and build real world evidence.
- Design infrastructure that provides high levels of scalability, reliability, performance, while balancing security, maintainability, and operational excellence.
- Bring composure to mission critical events and lead others through structured and thoughtful responses.
- Lead by example, establish credibility by leveraging your technical experience to mentor and coach SRE’s.
- When needed, you have the troubleshooting and debugging skills to identify and correct environment issues.
- Know when to innovate and when to prioritize existing technical and infrastructure debt, and have the experience to build and execute a plan while the “car is moving”.
- 2+ years as a lead engineer or manager on an Operations or SRE team.
- 5+ years working in a DevOps environment.
- Have worked with cloud and container technologies such as AWS and Kubernetes.
- Systems configuration management, orchestration, and infrastructure as code with tools such as Ansible and Terraform.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver solutions that are easily maintainable, understandable and diagnosable.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and engineering teams.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results on time with high quality.
- Belief that a team working well together is truly smarter than the single smartest person on that team.
- Preference for working in a fast moving environment, desire to challenge the status quo of how things are done.