Manager, Site Reliability Engineering at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about building the systems, culture, and processes that will improve the resiliency, reliability, scaling, and performance for cloud services.
We are looking for a Manager to lead our Site Reliability Engineering team and work closely with our product engineering and infrastructure teams. The Manager for the Site Reliability Engineering team will be building a new group to change the way we provide products to our customers and help bring DigitalOcean’s engineering systems to the next level.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working with stakeholders to develop and implement reliability and performance metrics
- Facilitate DigitalOcean’s culture of learning by providing insight and recommendations for improvement
- Recruit, hire and develop world-class engineers
- Coaching teams and individuals on reliability best practices and solutions
- Collaborating with engineering leadership to define the architectures and practices that should be adopted in order to deliver on our engineering and operational goals
- Providing technical leadership - best practices, testing, performance, reliability.
- Leading the SRE Team to improve services and processes (including architecture reviews, incident response, monitoring) in a cross-functional manner throughout the engineering organization
- Driving a high-performance culture within your team that iterates frequently and learns continuously without sacrificing product quality.
- Setting performance goals for team members; evaluating performance; providing coaching and facilitating professional development.
- Distinguished track record managing an SRE team (with experience implementing reliability, process, and scaling solutions)
- Demonstrated ability to lead positive change; empower people; cultivate product technology visions and innovative solutions.
- The ability to adapt and handle multiple competing priorities.
- Clear communication skills (both written and verbal) to document processes and architectures
- Experience implementing disaster recovery best practices
- Developing robust solutions that facilitate streamlined resolution of customer incidents through use of technologies for automation, deflection, and issue management
- Advocate of effective development environments with the use of CI/CD tooling and configuration management technologies such as Chef or Ansible
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Infrastructure #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!