Manager, Solutions Engineering at BetterCloud
BetterCloud is the first provider of SaaSOps solutions to manage and secure the digital workplace. Over 2,500 customers in 60+ countries rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across a company’s SaaS application portfolio. A pioneer of the SaaSOps movement, the company established the first-ever “SaaS Application Management and Security Framework” via two published books entitled “The IT Leader’s Guide to SaaSOps” — Vol. 1: “A Six-part Framework for Managing Your SaaS Applications” & Vol. 2: “How to Secure Your SaaS Applications.” BetterCloud is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, CA and Atlanta, GA.
BetterCloud can only achieve its lofty aspirations by finding and hiring amazing sales talent. If you are looking to be part of something profound and build something special, BetterCloud is for you. We are looking for a Manager of Solutions Engineering to join our rapidly growing team. We value hard work and a positive attitude and are looking for a hands-on, accomplished, technical leader to share their skills, who can think creatively, make an immediate impact and who can help us continue to build on our high performing team!
- 3+ years experience managing and leading Solutions Engineering team at a SaaS technology company and 5+ years experience in an individual contributor Solutions Engineering role.
- Strong familiarity with SaaS applications such as G Suite, Okta, Office 365, Box, and Dropbox, preferably on an administrative level, as well as REST APIs.
- Experience selling and validating technical products to companies ranging from mid-market to large enterprise.
- Ability to think critically and logically under pressure and to quickly communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise way around a technical topic.
- A positive attitude towards change and ability to adapt.
- Ability to handle customer situations with empathy and ownership
- Proven aptitude to build high-performing teams, close business, build consensus, resolve conflict, solve tough business problems, roll-up sleeves and drive revenue.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills; ability to negotiate and build strong business relationships both outside and within the organization.
- Excellent communicator; strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills; effective at delivering executive level presentations.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving corporate environment.
- Recruit, hire, onboard, and retain the necessary staff to meet and exceed sales targets and the needs of the Solutions Engineering organization.
- Train new hires on the BetterCloud product, industry, integrations, and ensure standards of success are clearly articulated.
- Provide leadership to a collaborative, high-performing Solutions Engineering team: Inspire, empower, coach and motivate, while pairing business and revenue objectives with appropriate growth initiatives.
- Coach the Solutions Engineering team to overcome objections, demonstrate needs effectively, uncover business cases, and prove value and ROI.
- Direct Solutions Engineering activities within assigned segment, set expectations, provide guidance, establish accurate plans and goals, prioritize efforts, and hold the team accountable for executing each phase of the sales process.
- Participate actively in the sales process where appropriate.
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, share best practices regarding technology, techniques, and customer facing skills with peers and team members.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, technologies, partners, and competitors; develop proactive strategies to maintain a competitive edge.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPI) for Solutions Engineers including win rate, validation rate, ROI, and more.
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock options
- Career growth with an industry innovator
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.