The Manufacturing Engineer - DFM/DFA will research, develop and recommend world-class manufacturing processes in conjunction with CMs, ODMs, and internal cross-functional teams. The Manufacturing Engineer will gather technical/customer requirements, lead DFM/DFA activities, support detailed analysis (cost, capacity, manpower), project timelines, manufacturing NPI (New Product Introductions) and sustaining activities. They will also generate cost reduction, process, continuous improvement ideas and lead implementation of those ideas on the factory floor.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams through the NPI stage gate process (Concept-MP), to ensure robust DFM/DFA, providing leadership and expertise in product manufacturability
- Develop and lead DFM/DFA initiatives including setting targets and standards
- Collaborate with Peloton partners and teams to communicate, define manufacturing and assembly requirements
- Product review at part/component level for ease of manufacturing and assembly
- Interpret engineering drawings, understand tolerance, GD&T and process analysis
- Identify and communicate manufacturability and assembly concerns and risks as needed. Provide clear DFM/DFA design change recommendations
- Ensure product manufacturing and assembly requirements are clearly understood by manufacturing partners
- Participate in supplier, CM, ODM selection and qualification; collaborate in DFM/A activities
- Support domestic and international suppliers to establish world-class manufacturing and assembly process
- Develop process and equipment specifications as needed
- Lead manufacturing readiness activities and process validation builds to ensure flawless mass production launch
- Support product sustainment and improvement activities
- Support process qualifications, capability studies (Gage R&R, Cp/Cpk, Spk), DOE’s and PFMEA’s
- This position requires domestic and international travel; at least 30% of the time or as needed by the business
- BS in an Engineering discipline desired (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial)
- Past tool design and/or toolmaking experience for production stamping, plastic injection mold, and/or die cast tooling
- 5+ years experience in a hands-on, fast paced, engineering and manufacturing environment (NPI to high-volume MFG)
- Previous DFM/DFA experience required
- Solid experience in precision assembly, CNC machining, fixturing, hydro-forming, welding, stamping, die casting, plastic injection molding, and various finishing techniques
- Experience working with Asian JDM, CMs, ODMs
- Experience in developing SOPs, Value-Stream Maps, Process Maps, Lean, 5S, SPC
- Previous CAD/CAM user (SolidWorks preferred)
- Problem solving and corrective action skills: DOE, 8D, Red X, DMAIC, Kaizen events, etc.
- Knowledge and application of Global/International standards: ASTM, ISO, DIN, JIS, ANSI, etc.
- Extensive experience in manufacturing of Connected Consumer Devices desired
- Experience manufacturing highly cosmetic, consumer-facing products a plus
- Microsoft Office applications, Arena, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience managing large manufacturing capital projects ($1M+)
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.